Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

You misunderstood the offensive potential line. It's saying you might be sitting there during his career seeing flashes of what might be possible with him but wondering why he can never be that guy.

Might but how can anyone predict that with 100% accuracy?

We could be sitting here 3-5 or so years from now watching a 20+ ppg player.

Moe Harkless didn't even show a good pull up in college. That was a awful comp. 21% from threes man. Come on. Isaac was more skilled as a junior in high school than Moe was in college.

Batum is a great passer though.

Also, despite my issues with people projecting his offense much higher than I think is appropriate, Isaac has a great chance to be a special defender. I wonder if we'd be talking about him in the same lane as Nerlens Noel if he was given more weakside block opportunities.

Could he be a less explosive but better shooting AD? Maybe Karl Anthony Towns mold? Needs to get stronger.

Could he be a less explosive but better shooting AD? Maybe Karl Anthony Towns mold? Needs to get stronger.

I think it is always presumptuous to compare a player to the very best in the league. It is very very unlikely that he ever is close to as good as those two.

Lower your expectations a bit before you get burnt by the sun.

I think it is always presumptuous to compare a player to the very best in the league. It is very very unlikely that he ever is close to as good as those two.

Lower your expectations a bit before you get burnt by the sun.

I'm not expecting anything.

Don't think if I was I get much burn from it since it doesn't affect my life a whole lot.

eh, your concern is in the wrong place. He's not really ariza or harkless because of his physical tools.

He's ariza or harkless on offense but some weird nerlens noel potential guy on defense. That's going to be valuable no matter what.

I'm pretty confident we're never going to regret drafting Isaac just on his gross value. But it's still my impression that we're going to regret not drafting smith or monk.

Okay I understand the disappointment in passing on Smith but Monk over Isaac is a joke.

Harkless comp is comically off-base too.

A less explosive better shooting 3 isn't AD.

I meant it as a versatile big instead of a tall wing.

Isaac isn't a big man, he's a tall man (and yes there is a difference). He's only a 3 at this level.

Isaac isn't a big man, he's a tall man (and yes there is a difference). He's only a 3 at this level.

nah. he's gonna play some 5. we're in the era where Durant and Lebron play 5.

I mean, he wont play 30 minutes a game at 5. maybe like 8 minutes per game. so like 25% of his time on the court.

nah. he's gonna play some 5. we're in the era where Durant and Lebron play 5.

I mean, he wont play 30 minutes a game at 5. maybe like 8 minutes per game. so like 25% of his time on the court.

We have 30 MILLION dollars worth of 5s, plus Zimmerman. Who are we taking 8 minutes from?

I think we need to play our youth starting him at the 3 and let the chips fall where they may.

EP-DJ-Watson

Ross-Fournier-Hunt-Garino

Isaac-Mario-Fournier

AG-Isaac-Rudez

Biyombo-Vuc-Zimmerman

and for small ball

EP

Fournier

Ross

Isaac

AG

We really need to dump DJ and Watson and get a better backup PG while keeping a spot or 2 open for luxury tax bailouts with picks attached.