Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

"League sources say Frank Mason has a 1-on-0 workout with Thunder today. Would be his second workout w/ OKC. Kings, Magic also saw him twice." - @jakelfischer

Wouldn't surprise me if we went forward first and grabbed a point guard later

Yup. Grab someone like Evans with the 25th or something?

I can see that.

Chad Ford on Mike and Mike just now: "De'Aaron Fox is a John Wall clone."

That's just lazy. Fast Kentucky point guard.

Wall was built like a tank and finished through contact and is a much better passer.

Fox has an amazing floater that wall still doesn't really have and is better at creating space for himself. Space he can't use, but he's good at it.

Fox is going to be more like ish smith with a much higher ceiling.

That's just lazy. Fast Kentucky point guard.

Wall was built like a tank and finished through contact and is a much better passer.

Fox has an amazing floater that wall still doesn't really have and is better at creating space for himself. Space he can't use, but he's good at it.

Fox is going to be more like ish smith with a much higher ceiling.

It could be that we all are suffering from EPS

For the record, quick draft thoughts:

Not interested:

Isaac: longer and taller version of Harkless. I'm tired of players that seem like elite NBA guys but don't have the It Factor. And by the way, why are people saying Jackson is a poor shooter but Isaac is stretch 4? Jackson shot a better 3-point percentage.

Fox: no more PGs that can't shoot. I don't care what else you do well. You're out. Elf scarred me.

Maybe:

DSJ: like the highlight reel, wonder why his college team was under .500. And should we draft PGs that aren't elite level in a league full of ones we could easily acquire?

Yes:

Jackson: so much potiential. We don't have a chance.

Monk: sliding like Kobe did. Can't teach scoring. I don't care how tall he is. Defense is overrated anyway.

Id go:

1. Fultz

2. Ball

3. Monk

4. Jackson

5. DSJ

That NC State team sucked balls, that's why they were under .500

You guys saying the Zinger wouldn't be worth AG+our 6th+the rest of our team are living in some sort of bizarro NBA world. There's nothing we even have to offer them, let alone a trade we'd actually turn down regarding him. He's a franchise player.

Not true. People severely undervalue next years 1st, Payton, Fournier, Vuc and cap space

Areas of Strength

The Magic are under new management now with Jeff Weltman installed as team president and veteran hand John Hammond coming over from Milwaukee to serve as general manager. Hammond made his bones in Detroit user Joe Dumars and later mined talents like Giannis Antetokounmpo, Malcolm Brogdon and Thon Maker during his tenure with the Bucks. If he can work half that sort of Draft magic in Orlando, hiring him could finally put the franchise back on solid ground. He and Weltman have history and share the same sort of vision for how to build a playoff operation. It’s just a matter of how long it takes,given the limited human resources that were left in place for them to work with going forward.

Needs Work

Despite a treasure trove of lottery picks during his tenure, former general manager Rob Hennigan didn’t leave the new regime any budding superstars to work with on this current roster. Elfrid Payton showed some signs during Frank Vogel’s first season as coach and Aaron Gordon remains a prospect with high upside. But there aren’tany other drafted players in the pipeline currently who have the sort of profile that screams potential All-Star anytime soon.

Two Stats That Matter

8 -- The Magic were eight games better than their point differential said they should have been.That was the league's biggest discrepancy between actual wins and"expected" wins. Orlando was 29-53 with the point differential of ateam that was 21-61, having lost a league-high eight games by 30 or morepoints.

1 -- The Magic are the only team that ranked in the bottom five in field goal percentage on shots in the paint (53.6%, 26th) and effective field goal percentage on shots from outside the paint (45.0%, 27th).

The Way to Go

“New head of basketball operations Jeff Weltman has a major draft decision to make before the draft: Does he see Elfrid Payton as the Magic point guard of the future? If not, Orlando could have its choice of Dennis Smith or Frank Ntilikina at No. 6. If Weltman sticks with Payton, Malik Monk is a logical decision for a team desperate for shooting.”

http://sports.abs-cb...ndo-magic-27617

Josh Jackson will only work out for th Celtics if they assure him they're picking him and he's number 1 on their draft board.

Your WTF moment for the day.

Chad Ford on Mike and Mike just now: "De'Aaron Fox is a John Wall clone."

Fox reminds me a lot of Payton, minus the hair.

Payton was a fast and relatively good defender in college. Poor shooting.

Thats what Fox is pretty much to me.