Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

Wonder if the number 2 pick will be included.

Welp, Lakers are good again. Shocker.

I wouldn't give up 2 and a player for George. not when they could reasonably sign him next offseason.

if other teams bid heavy I go ingram and randle with maybe Clarkson instead of deng.

so I can run ball-Russell-George-nance-zubac

im betting ingram and deng for George.

That's a fair offer from Lakers from their position. Maybe include their late #1 pick too.

Yup. Gift wrap a star to LaLa land.

on Zach lowe's podcast from yesterday kevin arnovitz suggested teams are hoping LA trades for George so that he can go there, realize how much they suck, then look for greener pastures next summer.

the basic idea is the worst season for him was a 37 win rookie year where he joined an ascending team with a nice mix of vet/young players and an established star. he's had it easy. second year second round in the playoffs. This followed by ECF, ECF, injury year, 45 win first round, 42 win first round.

sticking him on a team that cant play defense in a rough division on a team that might win 28 games where he has to do it all and babysit a bunch of college aged kids could get the lakers out of his system.

I wouldn't give up 2 and a player for George. not when they could reasonably sign him next offseason.

if other teams bid heavy I go ingram and randle with maybe Clarkson instead of deng.

so I can run ball-Russell-George-nance-zubac

I would too.

It's just crazy that they are possibly going to get a legit star and a potential one all in a matter of a couple of days.

Must feel good to be a Laker

on Zach lowe's podcast from yesterday kevin arnovitz suggested teams are hoping LA trades for George so that he can go there, realize how much they suck, then look for greener pastures next summer.

the basic idea is the worst season for him was a 37 win rookie year where he joined an ascending team with a nice mix of vet/young players and an established star. he's had it easy. second year second round in the playoffs. This followed by ECF, ECF, injury year, 45 win first round, 42 win first round.

sticking him on a team that cant play defense in a rough division on a team that might win 28 games where he has to do it all and babysit a bunch of college aged kids could get the lakers out of his system.

They could still dangle Russell.

Let's see what develops.

They could still dangle Russell.

Let's see what develops.

Russell and George share an agent.

so does randle so maybe they prefer he stay too.

Or he lives through one bad season, they wind up with a great draft pick again and they sign LeBron in free agency

Or he lives through one bad season, they wind up with a great draft pick again and they sign LeBron in free agency

they don't own their draft pick.

what if we accepted that Boogie trade last Feb. We'd have draft pick + players to try to get George here to join him.

what if we accepted that Boogie trade last Feb. We'd have draft pick + players to try to get George here to join him.

banking the long term future of the franchise on two guys on one year deals and trying to entice paul George to stay with cousins is a really really bad bet.

especially considering Cousins isn't known for producing wins. New Orleans was basically paced for a 33 win team when cousins did play and .500 when he was injured/suspended.