Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

eh, you don't want to bid yourself out of a functioning team. there's still a good chance that 6+gordon+ all our other stuff is better than Porzingis, cap hell, and no future picks.

so you give your best bid while still leveraging enough of a future to build a team around porzingis. that's why you go 6 or Gordon but not both. You don't want to end up like new Orleans.

I suppose it's all subjective and mostly depends on what we think we're getting at #6.

I'd much rather forfeit some value in favor of a proven commodity and an additional year to rebuild.

Listening to Russillo show w/ Chad Ford:

Ryen: 2 more things from you; 1 - outside of Fultz, give me another pick you are confident on; and 2 - give me a player you're all over with

Chad: Ball to Lakers and Fox to Kings (goes into explanation)

Chad: Dennis Smith....the guy to me, I DON'T KNOW WHERE HE GOES.....

Ryen: ORLANDO, perhaps

Chad: Yeah, Orlando at 6 or even Detroit at 12, that wouldn't shock me. Lot of people like him.

This could be nothing, but Russillo knows things. He's not just throwing Orlando out there out of thin air. If I had to guess, I'd bet he heard something about Smith and Orl.

Some hope for the Dennis Smith fans.

Ryen: 2 more things from you; 1 - outside of Fultz, give me another pick you are confident on; and 2 - give me a player you're all over with

Chad: Yeah, Orlando at 6 or even Detroit at 12, that wouldn't shock me. Lot of people like him.

This could be nothing, but Russillo knows things. He's not just throwing Orlando out there out of thin air. If I had to guess, I'd bet he heard something about Smith and Orl.

:happypuppy:

I suppose it's all subjective and mostly depends on what we think we're getting at #6.

I'd much rather forfeit some value in favor of a proven commodity and an additional year to rebuild.

yeah. there's definite value to proven. just these trades are never kitchen sink trades. Deron Williams was favors, harris, and two future firsts. They didn't have to include Lopez and their second 2013 pick from Houston.

so if you just want to go Gordon and 6, ok. I could see that. but not Gordon, 6, and a bunch of other stuff.

Marc Stein‏Verified account @ESPNSteinLine · 29s30 seconds ago

 More

League sources tell @RamonaShelburne and me: The Pacers and Lakers have engaged on Paul George trade talks in advance of Thursday's draft.

 More

League sources tell @RamonaShelburne and me: The Pacers and Lakers have engaged on Paul George trade talks in advance of Thursday's draft.

Here we go....

Please God yes

 More

Wonder if the number 2 pick will be included.

Welp, Lakers are good again. Shocker.