Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

That's an eternal truth that is not specific to our situation. If our best player is a point guard, and we have a bajillion needs, you don't take a point guard unless it is a generational talent...then you still make a trade like I said.

That's an eternal truth that is not specific to our situation. If our best player is a point guard, and we have a bajillion needs, you don't take a point guard unless it is a generational talent...then you still make a trade like I said.

Fultz might be generational

Fultz might be generational

What constitutes a generational talent at point guard these days? We are in an era where there are a ton of great point guards. Wall/Irving are great point guards but nowhere near generational. Even Chris Paul is a HOFer but generational? probably, not definitely.

What constitutes a generational talent at point guard these days? We are in an era where there are a ton of great point guards. Wall/Irving are great point guards but nowhere near generational. Even Chris Paul is a HOFer but generational? probably, not definitely.

Paul, curry, Westbrook

Irving, lillard, wall are still must draft guys

Kyrie Irving?

Maybe. I'm not sure Irving was considered that great a prospect in comparison to Wall. I know he turned out great but at the time people were saying it was a down year talent wise and Kyrie had only played like 9 games for Duke etc.

Maybe. I'm not sure Irving was considered that great a prospect in comparison to Wall. I know he turned out great but at the time people were saying it was a down year talent wise and Kyrie had only played like 9 games for Duke etc.

Yeah, I remember those drafts pretty well. Derrick Williams was in the running for the #1 pick