Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

If you want to watch some fun basketball I'd recommend UCLA @ Oregon right now. Game being played at a relentless pace. Lonzo BALL involved obviously.

If you want to watch some fun basketball I'd recommend UCLA @ Oregon right now. Game being played at a relentless pace. Lonzo BALL involved obviously.

Admittedly to watch this game you have to listen to the terrible Bill Walton commentary. I know Lonzo Ball is a talent but Walton just said these exact words (after a missed Ball shot) "Lonzo Ball is a great shooter but more importantly he's a winner. He's a Bill Russell, Magic Johnson, Steve Nash".

Admittedly to watch this game you have to listen to the terrible Bill Walton commentary. I know Lonzo Ball is a talent but Walton just said these exact words (after a missed Ball shot) "Lonzo Ball is a great shooter but more importantly he's a winner. He's a Bill Russell, Magic Johnson, Steve Nash".

Lol. I might have to watch some college basketball this year

It would be depressing though, unless we get major lottery luck

Yo CT, would you trade Gordon and Hezonja for the Brooklyn pick?

Yo CT, would you trade Gordon and Hezonja for the Brooklyn pick?

I've tried to write a response to this for like the last 20 minutes and my thoughts on the whole situation amount to "I have no idea."

I'd love a top pick in this draft obviously but losing AG and Mario would hurt. Even if Marios value is at an all time low.

I love this draft but still believe AG has crazy upside, especially at PF. Outside of giving up AG, I'd love to get a top 5 pick for a phenomenal PG.

If we trade our first this year for a random vet with an aim of making the playoffs, fans should go nuts

depends on the protections and the player we trade it for.

Analysts are overrating the depth of this draft. It's got a great top 7 and a good rest of the lottery but then just turns into any old draft.

so if we trade a lotto protected pick with top 6 protections in 2018 for a starting caliber player then that's fine.

depends on the protections and the player we trade it for.

Analysts are overrating the depth of this draft. It's got a great top 7 and a good rest of the lottery but then just turns into any old draft.

so if we trade a lotto protected pick with top 6 protections in 2018 for a starting caliber player then that's fine.

Given our current roster, we need to end up with a top 7 pick then. Trading for someone like Dragic or Holiday (an older or injury plagued vet) and staying in below average to average team purgatory should get Hennigan fired.

Our worst scenario should be finding a way to draft Fox, who looks like a Wall type prospect. Can't shoot yet but is crazy fast and tall, a good passer and a great defender.

Our worst scenario should be finding a way to draft Fox, who looks like a Wall type prospect. Can't shoot yet but is crazy fast and tall, a good passer and a great defender.

Sounds like you're describing Payton coming out of college. Haha