Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

I hate this thought process. I don't doubt it's true but it's just irritating to think we might miss out on easily the best draft since we've been rebuilding for the 8th seed just so our owners or upper management have the illusion that we're moving in the right direction.

Isn't it the fan base? Ownership wants people in seats, and tanking looks likely failure. Fans get angry and demand change. It's even happening on the board.

I think you're right that being willing to recognize something doesn't work is an important trait in a successful worker, but perception from the outside influences these decisions.If you fail once, you'll lose your job when all of your actions are public and open to immediate ridicule.

Isn't it the fan base? Ownership wants people in seats, and tanking looks likely failure. Fans get angry and demand change. It's even happening on the board.

I think you're right that being willing to recognize something doesn't work is an important trait in a successful worker, but perception from the outside influences these decisions.If you fail once, you'll lose your job when all of your actions are public and open to immediate ridicule.

Yes, it's a tricky thing. Some people were complaining about tanking even in the first season post-Dwight, when it was the obvious thing to do (bottoming out, that is).

Money drives most things, and the GM wants to keep his job, the owners want butts in seats because there's a risk that with continued failure you might even lose the organization to another city.

I don't see many teams offering there pick just for Vuc. Ibaka OTOH would get the job done.

I wouldn't trade Ibaka to get into the top 10. top 7 though...

Are you that convinced he'll resign with us?

I'd be shocked if he didn't.

I think Ibaka likes being the guy. Everyone likes to be appreciated. On the Spanish team he's the guy who backs up Gasol. On OKC he's the guy they put in the corner on offense. Here he's a guy with a goofy unorganic shot blocking symbol that we're all apparently supposed to start doing in the stands. And sure, we probably should indulge that because he's a pretty good player who seems like a nice guy. And stuff like that will keep him here.

plus we can offer him more money. and in the land of future 50 million per year salaries, whats the difference between 23 million and 30 million to our cap situation?

I'd be shocked if he didn't.

I think Ibaka likes being the guy. Everyone likes to be appreciated. On the Spanish team he's the guy who backs up Gasol. On OKC he's the guy they put in the corner on offense. Here he's a guy with a goofy unorganic shot blocking symbol that we're all apparently supposed to start doing in the stands. And sure, we probably should indulge that because he's a pretty good player who seems like a nice guy. And stuff like that will keep him here.

plus we can offer him more money. and in the land of future 50 million per year salaries, whats the difference between 23 million and 30 million to our cap situation?

Agree