2017 NBA Draft Thread

Right now my board is:

Markelle Fultz

Josh Jackson/Lauri Markannen

Jonathan Isaac

Lonzo Ball

Jayson Tatum

Dennis Smith

Everybody else is further back or I just haven't seen enough of yet. Haven't really seen much of any of the Kentucky guys yet.

I so want a top pick. Best case scenario: finish like 41-41, luck into the top draft pick, draft Markelle Fultz, maybe trade (or already have traded) Vuc and Payton for something like a good 3 point shooting SF. Starting lineup next season of:

Fultz

Fournier

AG/Other acquired SF

Ibaka/AG

Biyombo/Ibaka

With a bench of Augustine, AG or Biyombo, Hezonja and guys like Zimmerman, our 2nd round pick and maybe bring Janis Timma over.

I so want a top pick. Best case scenario: finish like 41-41, luck into the top draft pick, draft Markelle Fultz, maybe trade (or already have traded) Vuc and Payton for something like a good 3 point shooting SF.

I'm with you on this 100%

Do we get the Lakers 1st rd pick this year and, if so, what are the protections on it? I feel like I should remember this but I don't.

no 2019.

2017 first round draft pick to Philadelphia

L.A. Lakers' 1st round pick to Philadelphia (via Phoenix) protected for selections 1-3 in 2017 and unprotected in 2018 [L.A. Lakers-Phoenix, 7/11/2012; Milwaukee-Philadelphia-Phoenix, 2/19/2015]

2019 first round draft pick to Orlando

If the L.A. Lakers convey a 1st round pick to Philadelphia in 2017, then the L.A. Lakers will convey their 2019 1st round pick to Orlando; if the L.A. Lakers do not convey a 1st round pick to Philadelphia in 2017, then the L.A. Lakers will instead convey their 2017 2nd round pick and 2018 2nd round pick to Orlando [L.A. Lakers-Orlando, 8/10/2012]

no 2019.

2017 first round draft pick to Philadelphia

L.A. Lakers' 1st round pick to Philadelphia (via Phoenix) protected for selections 1-3 in 2017 and unprotected in 2018 [L.A. Lakers-Phoenix, 7/11/2012; Milwaukee-Philadelphia-Phoenix, 2/19/2015]

2019 first round draft pick to Orlando

If the L.A. Lakers convey a 1st round pick to Philadelphia in 2017, then the L.A. Lakers will convey their 2019 1st round pick to Orlando; if the L.A. Lakers do not convey a 1st round pick to Philadelphia in 2017, then the L.A. Lakers will instead convey their 2017 2nd round pick and 2018 2nd round pick to Orlando [L.A. Lakers-Orlando, 8/10/2012]

So we'll get their 1st rd pick in 2019 as long as this year's pick is not top 3 and is conveyed to Philly. Did I interpret that correctly?

So we'll get their 1st rd pick in 2019 as long as this year's pick is not top 3 and is conveyed to Philly. Did I interpret that correctly?

yes.

and the 2019 pick is unprotected.

Not likely, but it would be awesome

I mean, they aren't really good right now. They honestly seem to be in a similar position as us.

Watching UCLA again. Ball's vision is insane for a freshman. Add in his height, rebounding and shooting, and I think he's an all-star in the making. I see Steve Nash and would love him on the Magic. #draftcrush