Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

Lol@self-self fulfilling. Nah it just means I made an strong point that negates your point. Production itself is not an sole predictor of success. Skills plus hard work usually is.

Jimmy Butler

Dude didn't even have a pulse as an freshman. I think you'd take him and his production wouldn't you?

right but you're using a single data point to suggest an overall point. you could use an outlier to suggest anything. You could argue Russell Westbrook averaging 3 ppg his freshman year is the reason why any freshman averaging 3+ppg is worth drafting.

It's not a strong argument. it's a point outside the argument that dismisses the entire premise of the discussion.

prior examples reflect that guys in this position almost always become useful nba players. they sometimes become above average nba players. They become busts about twice as often as they become hall of fame caliber players.

right but you're using a single data point to suggest an overall point. you could use an outlier to suggest anything. You could argue Russell Westbrook averaging 3 ppg his freshman year is the reason why any freshman averaging 3+ppg is worth drafting.

It's not a strong argument. it's a point outside the argument that dismisses the entire premise of the discussion.

"wouldn't it seem like his college production/demeanor would translate directly?"

Maybe I'm lost here but what is the actual argument then because I saw this and went from there.

I'm not making that argument. I'm just trying to keep everything within context. Isaac was a freshman.

prior examples reflect that guys in this position almost always become useful nba players. they sometimes become above average nba players. They become busts about twice as often as they become hall of fame caliber players.

I just want to give him at least one year in the NBA before I begin thinking about how good/bad he will end up. I don't think we can really say which path he seems to be following until we see him in some real NBA action.

Not that it will stop us from talking about it. :)

It will be nice to see if he can take over in the summer league at all.

My point wasn't so much me saying LeBron lacks killer instinct. It was a reference to a thing we've all heard talking heads say.

Point being, Isaac is timid AF.

My point wasn't so much me saying LeBron lacks killer instinct. It was a reference to a thing we've all heard talking heads say.

Point being, Isaac is timid AF.

I read in the NBA article about him growing that he wanted to initiate more offense with the ball in his hands, but he conceded to older players. Also his handle is just okay, and his passing is doo doo, from what I've seen.

I read in the NBA article about him growing that he wanted to initiate more offense with the ball in his hands, but he conceded to older players. Also his handle is just okay, and his passing is doo doo, from what I've seen.

You're not watching the right guy then.

Okay. What am I missing?

There's footage a few pages back.

Have to remember his role at FSU too.

I suggest you look at his senior year in high school.

He handles the ball quite a bit there. As a junior he was a 6'3 guard and then he sprouted 6-7 inches. When you see his senior vids you're not watching a 6'0 pg. You're watching a 6'10 wing player who use to be a guard. Context.

oh, one other thing I wanted to add.

if we're taking a 19 year old kid who shared a team with two older ball dominant guards and sticking them in the NBA on a roster with two (or more) older ball dominant guards, why are we expecting a different result?

wouldn't it seem like his college production/demeanor would translate directly?

While I'm not negating Isaac being passive at times at FSU, had Hamilton simply given Isaac DSJ type minutes (instead of playing a ridiculous rotation), I don't think we'd even be having this discussion. In fact, Isaac would have averaged 16 points, 10 rebounds, and 2 blocks. I'm an FSU fan, and I can't believe Hamilton stays employed as the coach year after year.

There's footage a few pages back.

Have to remember his role at FSU too.

I suggest you look at his senior year in high school.

He handles the ball quite a bit there. As a junior he was a 6'3 guard and then he sprouted 6-7 inches. When you see his senior vids you're not watching a 6'0 pg. You're watching a 6'10 wing player who use to be a guard. Context.

I was being conservative in my assessment. I don't have my hopes too high up, but I hope he can improve on what he's shown. He'll be tough to guard.