Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

Not enough of it, this is the NBA where the best of the best play and he's shown minimal ability to be a big time player and that's being nice.

I was 100% against drafting Mario that entire offseason and have been one of his biggest skeptics/critics on here for years. You can argue my point all you want but trying to paint it as if I jumped off his bandwagon last year is just not accurate at all.

I must say, I was one of Mario's biggest supporters. So far he has let me down. I agree, I wish he has done more, but he has shown flashes. (Very little)

I'd be willing to give him another year with some consistent minutes and see what he contributes. You have to get on the floor in order to learn. Playing vets to win meaningless games does not help the situation either. Hoping this year we just give our core young guys the bulk of the minute in an effort to develop them together and get some chemistry going. I'm ok winning 30 games as long as the right guys are getting the minutes and we are improving/developing guys.

Some of those best of the best didn't do jack for a couple of years.

Go look at how long Peja was in the NBA before he was good.

Um... Peja went for 8 per his rookie season, 11 his second, then 20 the third. Why in the world would you use him as an example.

Um... Peja went for 8 per his rookie season, 11 his second, then 20 the third. Why in the world would you use him as an example.

Mario has completed two seasons.

I wanna get rid of Vuc. If we can't, I want this rotation

Vuc/Biyombo

Gordon/Issac

Ross/Mario or Issac

Fournier/Mario

Payton/DJ

If some of these guys really can't play, I want a bigger sample size to prove it.

I wanna get rid of Vuc. If we can't, I want this rotation

Vuc/Biyombo

Gordon/Issac

Ross/Mario or Issac

Fournier/Mario

Payton/DJ

If some of these guys really can't play, I want a bigger sample size to prove it.

Mario has completed two seasons.

Yes... My point was that you claimed it took Peja a long time before he was good. Peja was a solid rotation player year one and a very good sixth man year two. It didn't take Peja long at all before he was good. He was good his second year, after being solid his first year.

Mario was a bad rotation player year one, then one of the worst players in the league in year two. I'm not saying Mario can't turn it around; but he and Peja Stojakovic have had completely different career arcs for the first two years.

Yes... My point was that you claimed it took Peja a long time before he was good. Peja was a solid rotation player year one and a very good sixth man year two. It didn't take Peja long at all before he was good. He was good his second year, after being solid his first year.

Mario was a bad rotation player year one, then one of the worst players in the league in year two. I'm not saying Mario can't turn it around; but he and Peja Stojakovic have had completely different career arcs for the first two years.

I never said "a long time". I said "a couple of years".

Peja in year one average 8.4 ppg shooting 38% from the field and 32% from 3, 43% from 2's.

Mario in year one averaged 6.1ppg shooting 43% from the field, 35% from 3, and 50% from 2's.

Peja did have the better second year.

I contribute Mario's bad 2nd year to a lack of an off season to solely work on his game.

I don't expect him to duplicate Peja's third year of 20 ppg, shooting 47% from the field and 40% from 3.

I do think it's possible that he can have his best and most promising year coming off an off season of working on his game and having the same coaching staff from the season before as guidance. I think those who decide to write him off is doing so prematurely.

I never said "a long time". I said "a couple of years".

Peja in year one average 8.4 ppg shooting 38% from the field and 32% from 3, 43% from 2's.

Mario in year one averaged 6.1ppg shooting 43% from the field, 35% from 3, and 50% from 2's.

Peja did have the better second year.

I contribute Mario's bad 2nd year to a lack of an off season to solely work on his game.

I don't expect him to duplicate Peja's third year of 20 ppg, shooting 47% from the field and 40% from 3.

I do think it's possible that he can have his best and most promising year coming off an off season of working on his game and having the same coaching staff from the season before as guidance. I think those who decide to write him off is doing so prematurely.

I don't think anyone is completely writing Mario off. It would be absurd to do that. We're just looking at what he's shown so far and it isn't promising to say the least. I mean, we aren't quite at Reece Gaines territory yet but it's a fine line.

It will be an important year for Mario, have to see what happens. It would be stupid to try to move him right now as his market value isnt high. This is his year to make some progress.

I don't think anyone is completely writing Mario off. It would be absurd to do that. We're just looking at what he's shown so far and it isn't promising to say the least. I mean, we aren't quite at Reece Gaines territory yet but it's a fine line.

Go read the last few pages. They're people who's doing exactly that.

It's crazy too because his first year he showed a lot like P4TW said.