Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

Wish we could know more about the Weltman/Hammond dynamic. Like who is actually making the decisions? Is it Weltman or is he delegating that to Hammond? Does Hammond suggest who to draft and then Weltman has final say? Is it just like a GM and his assistants with different job titles?

I've been a fan since 92, and I'm as discouraged as I ever have been. To suffer through last season and to suffer through the several last seasons only for us to get the 6th pick and JUST miss out on getting Fox, who was in my opinion the last franchise-changing player in the draft. Well it just sucks. On top of that our front office clearly doesn't have the slightest clue what they're doing. I can take losing seasons if it's building to SOMETHING, but the last few seasons were just a complete waste of time.

but remember when someone questioned Henny and the roach when Dwight left and they said no way would be down for 3 years...this rebuild would be quick!...maybe they were talking Dog years.

Isaac is not playing the 5.

In fact, i dont think he starts unles we move either fournier or ross.

We might see Gordon once again playing the SF role.

Payton/DJ

Fournier/Ross

Gordon/Mario

Isaac/Gordon

Vuc/ Biyombo

This is how I see pour cour rotation if we dont make any further moves.

I think we are going after a PG in free agency.

Talk about excitement going in to next season. Anyone else getting heart palpitations over that lineup? The only thing missing for me is Rudez. If he gets some minutes also it will be perfect.

Isaac is not playing the 5.

In fact, i dont think he starts unles we move either fournier or ross.

We might see Gordon once again playing the SF role.

Payton/DJ

Fournier/Ross

Gordon/Mario

Isaac/Gordon

Vuc/ Biyombo

This is how I see pour cour rotation if we dont make any further moves.

I think we are going after a PG in free agency.

Vogel said Isaac can play 3/4 and some small-ball 5.

I can EASILY see this unit getting minutes throughout the year:

Payton

Ross

Mario

Gordon

Isaac

EP has improved his entire game each year he's been in the league thus far. He is on a strong growth curve and is young for a (good) point guard. If you are convinced in what he is at this point then you will forever be behind.

I hope you are right. I just don't ever see EP being a first option or a guy that will bury enough threes to keep defenses from sagging off him. But my point is that we shouldn't be focusing on what EP can't do. We should be focusing on what he does well and put him in position to do that more often.

I've been a fan since 92, and I'm as discouraged as I ever have been. To suffer through last season and to suffer through the several last seasons only for us to get the 6th pick and JUST miss out on getting Fox, who was in my opinion the last franchise-changing player in the draft. Well it just sucks. On top of that our front office clearly doesn't have the slightest clue what they're doing. I can take losing seasons if it's building to SOMETHING, but the last few seasons were just a complete waste of time.

If Hezonja and Gordon both take a step forward this year, will you be disappointed that Management didn't tear this thing to the ground? The Magic changed builders mid construction. The new folks aren't sure it was built wrong. They want to evaluate before they start tearing down. That is good news.

If Hezonja and Gordon both take a step forward this year, will you be disappointed that Management didn't tear this thing to the ground? The Magic changed builders mid construction. The new folks aren't sure it was built wrong. They want to evaluate before they start tearing down. That is good news.

Nice analogy.

Good news that we are likely to be awful another year because the new guys didn't see us last year? Another year of Vuch playing catch with Founier? Augustine coming in to backup EP, or maybe even start if EP goes into a funk? Another year of no one playing defense and/or hitting 3's?

What is it that we think will magically change all this over a span of 6 months?

If we bring back the same cast, we get the same results. I don't think it's good news that we are subjected to another lost season of horrible basketball so that the new guys get to see it for themselves.

If they try AG at the 3 again, I'll be pissed. He killed it at the 4. I think Issac needs to stay between 3/4. His shooting isn't good, but it's better than Gordon's was when he came into the league

There is plenty of tapes to see what kind of players you have. You don't have to see it live to tell if they're worth a dam. I don't buy that reasoning it's bs.

Agreed. I can log onto NBA.com and watch nearly every play from last year. I get evaluating but here's some evaluation for ya we suck. These players haven't worked for 5 years. Talk to the coach and anyone who remained apart of the staff and use that. Get rid of Vuch. Tell Fournier He's not as good as he thinks. Tell Payton and Gordon to learn to hit a jumper. Get rid of bums like Watson and Rudez because they're bums. Bring in young guys and evaluate them.

I hate this team.

Can't say management's behavior at the end of the 1st round inspired any confidence, guess we're gunning for Luka Doncic next year.

I see Isaac's best case as Rashard Lewis with elite defense.

That's a pretty damned good best case