Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

Markkanen is rare in the sense that I cant think of a bigman who can shoot off screens.

But I think there's a really good chance he's the worst defensive player in the NBA.

Who called him a center?

the ringer guys. they don't mean he is a center. but if you took every player in this draft and played them exclusively at center, Isaac probably has the most success.

like how Durant was the best center in the finals.

the ringer guys. they don't mean he is a center. but if you took every player in this draft and played them exclusively at center, Isaac probably has the most success.

like how Durant was the best center in the finals.

Isaac

Gordon

Ross

Fournier

Payton

Lineup intrigues me.

And I'm with you 100%. His hair is like playing with a cowboy hat on with the brim turned down. How can you possibly see the basket well with that? How can you see the open guys without tilting your head back? If he cut that off he just might be able to shoot. Seeing the basket is such a big plus when shooting!

How many times are you going to bring up his hair? We get it you want it gone.

Now it's settled down a bit, was a little disappointed no one in the top 5 slipped. Would loved to have got Tatum or Fox, that last win last season really did bite us. Isaac was the obvious choice for me at 6 so fairly happy they went with it, he can easily end up the best player in this draft. We needed to go high bust high reward to try and get that star player, hopefully Isaac becomes that and not a bust, will enjoy watching his development over the next 4 years. Was not on the band wagon for Smith Jnr thought he would go at best 8th so no idea why people saying he slipped he was picked around where he should be imo. Very relieved we stayed clear of Monk, guy has bust written all over him for me, don't see him being anything other than a scoring bench player/6th man and at best a volume starting scorer that offers little else.

Will now sit and be patient and see what trade rumours start surfacing over the next few weeks within the team, fully expect us to be in the running for a top 3 pick next year if not much changes so can understand why some posters are frustated after having to endure the last 5 years!

Isaac

Gordon

Ross

Fournier

Payton

Lineup intrigues me.

Isaac is not playing the 5.

In fact, i dont think he starts unles we move either fournier or ross.

We might see Gordon once again playing the SF role.

Payton/DJ

Fournier/Ross

Gordon/Mario

Isaac/Gordon

Vuc/ Biyombo

This is how I see pour cour rotation if we dont make any further moves.

I think we are going after a PG in free agency.

#Magic GM John Hammond just gave a statement that perfectly explains last night's draft: "This is a year for us to sit and evaluate"

#Magic GM John Hammond: "we want to develop players...and we want to win along the way."

#Magic GM John Hammond on Sirius XM describes 33rd pick Wesley Iwundu as a "3 and D player".

While I get this.I still hate it.

#Magic GM John Hammond just gave a statement that perfectly explains last night's draft: "This is a year for us to sit and evaluate"

#Magic GM John Hammond: "we want to develop players...and we want to win along the way."

#Magic GM John Hammond on Sirius XM describes 33rd pick Wesley Iwundu as a "3 and D player".

Well.. expect the fans to do the same!

Sit and evaluate.

Once I see progress then I will buy back again my season tickets.

• Upvote 1