Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

The only way tonight makes any sense at all is if we fully commit to a tank next year. I'm talking Michael Porter level tank

I think you nailed it. There is no way that tonight's effort was an indication that we are trying to compete. Every team that was behind us got better and when the Knicks trade KP they are going to get a bunch of good players and get better too. We are increasing our chances at the 1st pick next year. Hopefully we will let the young ones have most of the minutes so we can see what we have.

I just hope we don't add a lot of veterans. Rather just give the young guys the minutes instead of Jeff Green and CJ Watson caliber guys taking them. Let's Isaac play the 3,let Gordon play the 4, let hezonja get some minutes behind Fournier.

Elf-DJ

Fournier-Hezonja

Ross-Isaac

Gordon-?

Vuc-Biyombo

I just hope we don't add a lot of veterans. Rather just give the young guys the minutes instead of Jeff Green and CJ Watson caliber guys taking them. Let's Isaac play the 3,let Gordon play the 4, let hezonja get some minutes behind Fournier.

Elf-DJ

Fournier-Hezonja

Ross-Isaac

Gordon-?

Vuc-Biyombo

I think it will be more like:

Elf / DJ

Fournier / Meeks

Ross / Hezonja

Gordon / Isaac

Vuc / Biombo

Elf-DJ

Fournier-Hezonja

Ross-Isaac

Gordon-?

Vuc-Biyombo

Wish there were extra picks in this draft to grab a 4/5 to develop

I think you nailed it. There is no way that tonight's effort was an indication that we are trying to compete. Every team that was behind us got better and when the Knicks trade KP they are going to get a bunch of good players and get better too. We are increasing our chances at the 1st pick next year. Hopefully we will let the young ones have most of the minutes so we can see what we have.

Bulls and magic are going to be competing for that 1 pick

The glass half empy feels on this board are insane right now. Maybe Smith Jr slid last night because the ACL isn't in the greatest shape or his attitude didn't check out. Why did the best or second best shooter in the draft slide all the way to #11? Monk was way too small, had questionable defense and no one believes he can play the point. People need to relax just a little bit. Maybe Vogel believes Elf is his PG and likes what 24 yr old Fornier can do. Isaac has a tremendous upside offensively and at worst should be a very solid 3 and D guy. Maybe we got the next Durant, Giannis or insert long and fluid scorer name here.

It also doesn't make sense to spend a late first rounder just because you have it. No need to take on any additional contract if you don't believe in the player.

The real problem here isn't the picks that were traded, it's the fact that so many of you will still attend games and hand over money to a franchise that has no direction whatsoever and is about to have a decade + rebuild. And that's if they make the right decisions going forward which isn't very likely given what happened tonight. This franchise is truly laughable.

I haven't been to a game since just before Dwight left.

I woke up this morning and checked FB and expected to see Monk in a Magic jersey and be happy but wtf happened? It's going to be another season of blowout losses which aren't worth watching.

More optimistic about Isaac this morning. We'll see how it goes. Some interesting undrafted guys out there it'd be nice to get one or two signed on to camp deals. Although since we didn't want to bring in 4 drafted rookies that might not be likely.

Good lord guys, the off season isn't finished yet.

Let's see what transpires. I believe trades will happen. This front office is not shy about making trades and you have Trader Gabe advising.

As far as Isaac, Vogel gets a chance to groom a damn near 7 footer with some perimeter skills, who can shoot, who rebounds and defends. From scratch.

You guys think the push to dump draft picks is because we're tanking??? That makes no sense. When you tank you're developing rookies. If we were tanking we'd dump the vets for more young players to take chances on.

We took a good defensive role player that can play now number one. We're not tanking. We're still playoffs or bust.

You know what playoff teams don't do? Build their offense around rookies.

You guys think the push to dump draft picks is because we're tanking??? That makes no sense. When you tank you're developing rookies. If we were tanking we'd dump the vets for more young players to take chances on.

We took a good defensive role player that can play now number one. We're not tanking. We're still playoffs or bust.

You know what playoff teams don't do? Build their offense around rookies.

I completely agree with everything you just said. The corollary is that we're still thinking our current core is good and just needs some tweaks, because we didn't do much to change it last night.

I'm certain there will be additional moves during the off-season, but as has already been said, the options for making our team better through trades and FA may be very limited. The past few years aren't encouraging as far as that's concerned. Yes, totally new front office, but they still don't have much leverage for trades with our current personnel, and we're still an unattractive destination for higher level free agents.