Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

Danny Ainge and Rob were in the exact same spot 5 years ago...Rob didn't hold a gun to any GM's head and neither did Danny but Danny pulled everyones pants down repeatedly. Dude this is a billion dollar business you have to perform and that includes knowing Butler would go for nothing to Minnesota. Making excuses for bad management leaves you with the worst record in the league these last 5 years. At some point the lazy attitude just has to change period.

I agree lets see what the night brings...who knows maybe we grow a pair before the night ends.

You're confusing lazy management with not having assets. Ainge had assets and made great moves. Nobody is trading a lottery pick for Fournier, Vucevic, Hezonja, Payton or Biyombo. We'd have to move future picks. As for Butler, the same could be said. We could've thrown in #6 but it probably would've taken Gordon to get the deal done and I'm assuming they want to see his development through. Besides, I don't think you're building anything special around Butler anyways, look at Chicago.

I watched the same interview and didn't get what some of you got out of it. You just don't like the pick, but I'm sorry.... those of you making a big deal out of his interview are making an issue out of absolutely nothing!!! :chairshot:/>

I bet he knew we would be picking him if he was still available a couple of days ago. That is why you so many mocks and so many analysts had us picking him.

Go back and you'll see differently. I was alright with it and even thought a few days ago he might be good once he puts it all together but if said nothing about Orlando and talked about NY and was reluctant to put on the hat? He can kick rocks.

Also how stupid are we if we drafted a kid without medical records in advanced?

that's quite nyce to hear. Now we have to DEVELOP him.

Good handle, developing game, I think Hammond and Weltmen are thinking the 2nd coming of the Greek Freak!

Well, I hope so anyway!

• Upvote 1

Meanwhile, Pelton of ESPN had Isaac as the third best prospect:

"Consensus:2.5 WARP

The big question about Isaac, and the one place where he ranks among the bottom 25 percent of NBA-bound combo forwards, is his ability to create his own shot. He used just 20.3 percent of Florida State's plays as a secondary option behind older prospect Dwayne Bacon.

Get past that, and there's a lot to like about Isaac. He has strong steal and block rates, shot an excellent 59.3 percent on 2-pointers and flashed 3-point range (31-of-89, 34.8 percent)."

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/19638855/ranking-markelle-fultz-lonzo-ball-top-prospects-2017-nba-draft-statistical-projections-kevin-pelton

He didn't work out for us, we didn't receive his medicals and the first thing he says is he hoped to go to a New York team. That's something even if it's a small something.

That is not what he said..good lord.

Meanwhile, Pelton of ESPN had Isaac as the third best prospect:

"Consensus:2.5 WARP

The big question about Isaac, and the one place where he ranks among the bottom 25 percent of NBA-bound combo forwards, is his ability to create his own shot. He used just 20.3 percent of Florida State's plays as a secondary option behind older prospect Dwayne Bacon.

This is why I'd be thrilled about Isaac if we had someone who could create their own shot.. I don't hate the pick, I'm actually excited, but we still don't have a player that can create on their own

Utah will send Trey Lyles and the No. 24 pick to Denver for No. 13, league source tells @TheVertical

And they plan to select Mitchell

How come we couldn't have done this? Dude this FO sucks