Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

If Jackson somehow falls to 6, I would do Vuc+Payton+pick swap with 6 and 8 + 2018 first unprotected for Porzingis and Noah. At 8 you would probably have either Monk or Smith remaining. It's gonna be super awkward if Phil can't trade Porzingis after all this talk and his latest interview.

I don't think he's said anything awkward though? He should be listening to all offers for all players, it's not like he came out and said KP not part of the team anymore.

I don't think he's said anything awkward though? He should be listening to all offers for all players, it's not like he came out and said KP not part of the team anymore.

He acknowledged that they are listening to trade offers for their best player in his rookie deal.

He said no one had ever skipped out on him with an exit interview before Kristaps.

This isn't how you talk about your star player in the media if you want to have a good relationship. But it's probably broken already given Phil said he tried calling but they haven't spoken yet and he seems to be getting summer progress updates on his star player via pictures on social media. This is only getting more awkward and dysfunctional than it was at the end of the regular season.

interesting situation with those phil comments. I kinda have to agree, it's not cool for the player to just skip the meetings. that's a pretty big FU.

In the end though, I think this is all a lot of smoke. what I don't think is smoke is the Carmelo Anthony situation. I think they can stretch Noah if they really want to? if you take Noah and Melo out the Knicks have a pretty clean roster salary wise.

Typically you fine the player not tank your franchise

• Upvote 1

I agree with fining the player, could've been the way to handle it. But still I think it's all just buzz to get something going to move the real target, Melo. Personally, I don't trust anything Phil says. He typically doesn't even talk to media and when he does it's all double speak, or getting in opponent's head.

Teams have been informed the NBA expects the salary cap to go down from latest projections, per league source. $99 million the new number.

Via Twitter

I agree with fining the player, could've been the way to handle it. But still I think it's all just buzz to get something going to move the real target, Melo. Personally, I don't trust anything Phil says. He typically doesn't even talk to media and when he does it's all double speak, or getting in opponent's head.

That doesn't make any sense though. Your dots don't connect.

I want you to buy my car. I'm going to get you to buy my car by kicking my dog.

I'm talking now. KP should net multiple top picks and players. I'd give 6, next year's first, anyone but AG, and take on Noah

Same here. I'd swap a future first for AG too if that's what it took.

And it's about getting a foundation piece because Phil is crazy person. Not sure what everyone is talking about in terms of trading too much to field a serviceable team. We haven't been worrying about that for years now. Getting a franchise player takes precedent over everything.

• Upvote 1

He is the Zen master right?!?!