Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

This

Yes. And its not that Gordon isn't worth it but you need to field a competitive team afterwards.

It's like you find your dream house but its out of your price range and you're sitting there like "if i cancel my cable and we never eat out and i cash out my investments for a larger down payment and we borrow some money from my mom and i switch to a cheaper cell phone plan..."

At some point you just got to tap out

Phil wants Josh Jackson. If he falls, we have a chance.

Or they could just do the deal predraft and NY is there. Or Boston drafts JJ and trades him.

If Boston or Phoenix is interested in Porzingis, JJ isn't falling to us.

Phil speaking kind of past tense also or is it just me??

If you are a Knicks fan you got to be swearing and sweating lol.

Phil trying to get sacked?

All day

It depends on if we're talking about hindsight or not. Predraft porzingis goes 4th-6th. Knowing what we know now he goes 1 or 2 but only because Philly has like 8 big men.

It depends on if we're talking about hindsight or not. Predraft porzingis goes 4th-6th. Knowing what we know now he goes 1 or 2 but only because Philly has like 8 big men.

I'm talking now. KP should net multiple top picks and players. I'd give 6, next year's first, anyone but AG, and take on Noah

Dennis Smith interview from earlier today. Love his confidence.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/video-dennis-smith-jr-media-availability/

If he can become #1 option, that'll align everyone else on the roster. Mouth is watering....

NBAtv and their MOCK draft. Here they talk about DSJ at #6

Give me a way to get DSJ/Gordon/Porzingis as our core.

interesting situation with those phil comments. I kinda have to agree, it's not cool for the player to just skip the meetings. that's a pretty big FU.

In the end though, I think this is all a lot of smoke. what I don't think is smoke is the Carmelo Anthony situation. I think they can stretch Noah if they really want to? if you take Noah and Melo out the Knicks have a pretty clean roster salary wise.

Clearing space for CP3 but LMA is too good to just dump

No one will take Gasol. So they dangle LMA, lure CP3, hope Gasol has a good year, and hopefully set themselves up with a good young player to put next to Kawhi for years to come. It makes sense if they can actually get a low pick. I don't think they will, unless New York is just that crazy. But it's worth trying.

Give me a way to get DSJ/Gordon/Porzingis as our core.

If Jackson somehow falls to 6, I would do Vuc+Payton+pick swap with 6 and 8 + 2018 first unprotected for Porzingis and Noah. At 8 you would probably have either Monk or Smith remaining. It's gonna be super awkward if Phil can't trade Porzingis after all this talk and his latest interview.