Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

You guys saying the Zinger wouldn't be worth AG+our 6th+the rest of our team are living in some sort of bizarro NBA world. There's nothing we even have to offer them, let alone a trade we'd actually turn down regarding him. He's a franchise player.

You guys saying the Zinger wouldn't be worth AG+our 6th+the rest of our team are living in some sort of bizarro NBA world. There's nothing we even have to offer them, let alone a trade we'd actually turn down regarding him. He's a franchise player.

And if we gave up all of our assets to get him with no cap flexibility he would be somebody else's franchise player in 2 years

For the record, quick draft thoughts:

Not interested:

Isaac: longer and taller version of Harkless. I'm tired of players that seem like elite NBA guys but don't have the It Factor. And by the way, why are people saying Jackson is a poor shooter but Isaac is stretch 4? Jackson shot a better 3-point percentage.

Fox: no more PGs that can't shoot. I don't care what else you do well. You're out. Elf scarred me.

Maybe:

DSJ: like the highlight reel, wonder why his college team was under .500. And should we draft PGs that aren't elite level in a league full of ones we could easily acquire?

Yes:

Jackson: so much potiential. We don't have a chance.

Monk: sliding like Kobe did. Can't teach scoring. I don't care how tall he is. Defense is overrated anyway.

Id go:

1. Fultz

2. Ball

3. Monk

4. Jackson

5. DSJ

And if we gave up all of our assets to get him with no cap flexibility he would be somebody else's franchise player in 2 years

What assets?

And I'll worry about him leaving us in 2-years in 2-years. Would be a nice problem to have a player good enough to actually worry about them leaving again. Those were the days.

Not interested:

Isaac: longer and taller version of Harkless. I'm tired of players that seem like elite NBA guys but don't have the It Factor. And by the way, why are people saying Jackson is a poor shooter but Isaac is stretch 4? Jackson shot a better 3-point percentage.

Fox: no more PGs that can't shoot. I don't care what else you do well. You're out. Elf scarred me.

Maybe:

DSJ: like the highlight reel, wonder why his college team was under .500. And should we draft PGs that aren't elite level in a league full of ones we could easily acquire?

Yes:

Monk: sliding like Kobe did. Can't teach scoring. I don't care how tall he is. Defense is overrated anyway.

Id go:

1. Fultz

2. Ball

3. Monk

4. Jackson

5. DSJ

Dude you weren't kidding when you said quick thoughts.

Not interested:

Maybe:

Yes:

Id go:

1. Fultz

2. Ball

3. Monk

4. Jackson

5. DSJ

Name one "elite level point guard we could easily acquire" please.

You aren't looking at this from both sides, though. We don't really have anything to give, yeas, and I would probably make that deal for KP if push came to shove. But we wouldn't just be trading for Porzingis, would we? We are also taking on Noah, which makes the deal no longer equal.

Sure KP is a great prospect, but it is clear he and NY have grown apart. Add Noah's contract to that and the price should be lower than what you suggest.

I think keeping AG and the pick is important. Now, I could get down with including six and even 25 if it returned NY's pick so we still have a shot at DSJ

I think Fultz, Ball and Jackson will definitely be gone until we pick. Out of the rest my list would look like this:

1. Tatum

2. Fox

3. Isaac

4. Smith