Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

What happens to Vuch/Fournier if we bring in a ball dominate gaurd like Smith? Do they fall in line and enjoy the game coming easier to them or do they throw fits like Vuch has done in the past.

I know this can't be answered but how would the team look as a unit? Does it fit or just for the time being?

Marc Stein‏Verified account

@ESPNSteinLine

NBA Draft scuttle: Hearing Detroit is open to discussing trades for its No. 12 overall pick in hopes of acquiring more of a win-now veteran.

lol, SVG's out of his mind. The Pistons are junk and a vet isn't gonna save that sinking ship.

LOL why?

I mean... why do you think? Because I think he'd look great in blue? If you don't like Collins an explanation of why would be interesting rather than a LOL.

I mean... why do you think? Because I think he'd look great in blue? If you don't like Collins an explanation of why would be interesting rather than a LOL.

I mean if you're sitting there at 12 and want to develop a big man then fine. But there's not a huge gap between Collins and guys who are going to be there at 25.

And it'd be one thing if Collins had legitimate production to go on. but for every great game against South Carolina he had terrible games against Xavier, West Virginia, UNC (where he fouled out in 14 minutes), Florida. And the 47% three point shooting looks nice until you realize he made 10 all year.

So why dump a bunch of assets specifically to get him when Jeanne might be there at 25? or Bam Adebayo?

Or why pay the cost to jump all the way to 12 when you can probably jump up to 16 for half the cost and get someone like John Collins or Jarrett Allen or Ike Anigbogu who I don't necessarily like but are all in that same tier with Zach Collins of young high upside bigs.

so you can like Collins, but what makes him worth betting everything on?

He IS really good but I wish he was taller. 6'3 may not translate well as a SG in the NBA.

I think Monk will be the best prospect available at pick number 6, Magic NEED to take him.

1. draft Tatum

2. Trade Payton and Pick Nr. 25 to Denver for Pick Nr. 13

3. Trade Biyombo and Mario to Minny for Rubio

4. draft a Center (Collins) with pick nr. 13

5. Resign Meeks

Rubio/Augustin/FA or 2nd rounder

Fournier/Ross/Meeks

Tatum/Ross/Meeks

Gordon/Tatum/Pick13

Vuc/Pick13/Zimmerman or FA

1. draft Tatum

2. Trade Payton and Pick Nr. 25 to Denver for Pick Nr. 13

3. Trade Biyombo and Mario to Minny for Rubio

4. draft a Center (Collins) with pick nr. 13

5. Resign Meeks

Rubio/Augustin/FA or 2nd rounder

Fournier/Ross/Meeks

Tatum/Ross/Meeks

Gordon/Tatum/Pick13

Vuc/Pick13/Zimmerman or FA

This would be the worst possible situation to develop tatum. no shooting and a center that operates in the same space as him.

its a poor man's version of the Milwaukee Bucks

I mean if you're sitting there at 12 and want to develop a big man then fine. But there's not a huge gap between Collins and guys who are going to be there at 25.

And it'd be one thing if Collins had legitimate production to go on. but for every great game against South Carolina he had terrible games against Xavier, West Virginia, UNC (where he fouled out in 14 minutes), Florida. And the 47% three point shooting looks nice until you realize he made 10 all year.

So why dump a bunch of assets specifically to get him when Jeanne might be there at 25? or Bam Adebayo?

Or why pay the cost to jump all the way to 12 when you can probably jump up to 16 for half the cost and get someone like John Collins or Jarrett Allen or Ike Anigbogu who I don't necessarily like but are all in that same tier with Zach Collins of young high upside bigs.

so you can like Collins, but what makes him worth betting everything on?

Collins also has tiny baby hands. Same measurement as Frank Mason.

Ok that's actually terrifying...

Bam Adebayo has super weird hands. Tied for the longest but no width. Like he's got a normal bigman hand without thumbs.