Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

If Smith and monk are still on board when we pick. It should be interesting. Not sure who I would take.

I personally like Monk but defer to our scouts

This is the NBA, it's time to change out players that can't shoot for ones that can! No more projects please!

Sounds like Monk is your guy.

Depends on how you feel about Payton

It really doesn't. BPA always unless your further down in the draft. Boston should still take Fultz even though they have Thomas. Sixers should still draft Jackson, etc.

And then there's this....

Jordan Schultz ✔ @Schultz_Report

Spoke w/an NBA front office guy on biggest bust potential of the upper tier prospects. Named two players: Malik Monk and Dennis Smith, Jr.

What are the odds that front office guy is from NYK or DAL?

Monk is the guy that steadily climbs the draft board the closer the draft is. I don't know if he is there at 6.

It will be interesting if the pick comes down to fox and Smith.

You know it would be one thing if we were not so loaded on the Bigs. Maybe we could flip one and our late pick for a mid round one. We definitely need a PG, who can pass and score. Definitely need a shooting guard. If we are set on Gordon and Mario, then we shouldn't focus on the SF or PF position, same can be said at C... but I know a lot of people are not sold on Vuc.

I like this years college group, but with every year it all comes down to one main thing... transition. Can they (the group of potential NBA prospects) transition their game into the NBA and find their nitch. McCollum and Curry took time to do this, but were able to effectively do it.

Another thing to keep in mind is the landscape of the NBA today and the way out division is built. If we can find a mismatch in the draft that could really expose our opponents, then that's a great pick.

There are a lot of players that could help us, I think it will be a good draft that will produce some talent. I like Monk at 6, but if there are better players that fit what we are going to do, then let's pull the trigger and hope it works this time.

Don't like Fultz..... Ball IMO is the #1 pick.... Celtics should draft him... #1 pick can be had.

Back to the Magic.... wouldn't mind either Kentucky guard or Tatum. Kinda like Isaac but he will probably end up a role player like Aaron Gordon.

Smith Jr reminds me of Steve Francis... maybe it's the red?

We need to get John Lynch to run the draft.