Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

If Tatum is there I want him. If not DSJ. If somehow they're both not there we've reached the darkest timeline and I'll settle for Monk I guess.

Are you a Kentucky fan? or does your username mean United Kingdom?

it is kind of shocking that he can say that and not get in some sort of trouble. It doesn't look good for the NBA. I remember reading an article on ESPN towards the end of teh regular season this year and the reporter wasn't convinced Orlando Magic where trying to win games. It made us look bad!

That reporter was dumb then, in reality we were trying way too hard to win games

it is kind of shocking that he can say that and not get in some sort of trouble. It doesn't look good for the NBA. I remember reading an article on ESPN towards the end of teh regular season this year and the reporter wasn't convinced Orlando Magic where trying to win games. It made us look bad!

Then maybe the NBA shouldnt reward tanking -- and until they stop teams are gonna continue to "play young players" as Cuban puts it.

Then maybe the NBA shouldnt reward tanking -- and until they stop teams are gonna continue to "play young players" as Cuban puts it.

They reward tanking the least out of the big 3 sports. They should just do it like the NFL and go by record. Then we can at least call it like we see it and not worry about the league rigging the draft.

I agree we shouldn't reward tanking, we had a whole separate thread on that though.

Two questions: 1. If they draft Monk or Isaac would you start them day one? 2. If they did start who would be better coming off the bench as a 6th man; Ross or Fournier?

If we draft either of them, I doubt they start right away. But when they do break into the starting rotation, I think I'd like:

EP/Monk/Ross/AG/Vuc with Fournier coming off the bench. With Monk's scoring ability being his best attribute but questionable D, I like Ross's defensive upside in the lineup with him. Then Fournier can come off the bench and focus on scoring and not facilitating as much.

EP/Fournier/Isaac/AG/Vuc with Ross coming off the bench. I think Ross would be best off the bench if we get Isaac, as Isaac slips in really nicely next to AG at the 3. His offensive versatility should allow us to use Evan as needed in the offense depending on the match up. Then Ross can come in for Fournier or Isaac and be a nice scoring punch.

If we draft either of them, I doubt they start right away. But when they do break into the starting rotation, I think I'd like:

EP/Monk/Ross/AG/Vuc with Fournier coming off the bench. With Monk's scoring ability being his best attribute but questionable D, I like Ross's defensive upside in the lineup with him. Then Fournier can come off the bench and focus on scoring and not facilitating as much.

I like that and I think I would like Fournier coming off the bench with either Isaac or Monk on the team.

I would like Ross in the starting lineup regardless because he plays smarter than Fournier.

I'd like to see the starting lineup of:

Payton, Ross, Isaac, Gordon, and Vucevic

With Fournier, Biyombo, Hezonja, and Augustin as the first four coming off the bench.

I'd love walking away after round one with Isaac at #6 and P.J. Dozier at #25.

I admittedly didn't really know anything about Isaac, but I'm really starting to like him. The handles he has at his size are ridiculous