Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

So getting back to players and away from conspiracy theories:

I haven't watched that much on Smith, but watching that highlight video of him...he kinda reminds of me Kris Dunn. Am I just making that up or has someone else seen that too? Has a better vertical than Dunn but still thats the vibe I got.

Whoever said

Smith @ 6

Bam @ 25

Diallo @ 33

Swanigan @ 38 or whever the next pick it.

I'm good with that. I honestly think those players would be good fits. I think Bam could be a poor mans Ibaka at some point. Especially defensively.

Diallo, I just don't know. He never played at Kentucky so the only video I have seen was him in practice. But he is going up against Fox and Monk and Briscoe in practice every single day, so that has to be good for him. He is freakishly athletic. Like Andrew Wiggins athletic. No idea what his shot looks like though.

Smith has more of a shot than Dunn. Smith is streaky but he still has the off dribble guy sags off him deep three in his arsenal. He shoots like lillard but only hits 35ish% rather than a guy who shoots in specific situations and hits 35% if you get what i mean.

it wasn't. Stern was pissed.

its random and weighted. When we don't win all of you ***** and moan about how it's rigged for (Team). If we won Boston would ***** and moan about how it was rigged against them for the same reason they think the refs are against them. Same deal for the lakers if they lost their pick.

If philly won it would be rewarding the franchise for firing Hinkie with a backroom agreement that they never tank again.

if Phoenix or Orlando won it's punishment to boston

if Minnesota won its a way to artificially create a juggernaut in a place where free agents wont go. To stop skewing rules to small franchises next CBA negotiation.

if the knicks won it's the league trying to bolster the knicks, keep porzingis there, get a winner near league headquarters.

if dallas won it's rewarding a good franchise and punishing the tankers.

if the hornets won it's a backroom deal between the league and Jordan to reward him for basically building the league into what it is today.

if the pistons won it's a new star to open their new arena with.

if the nuggets won its a way to reward a team trying to win and discourage tanking.

if the heat won it's a boost for losing LeBron and Wade plus the chris bosh situation.

There's a narrative to every scenario. You'd claim it was rigged in every scenario. you'd claim it was rigged if you were personally there watching the balls be drawn.

Great post

• Upvote 1

Simmer down.

I didn't know people were in the room.

The guy throwing out conspiracy theories while admittedly not understanding how the process works is telling others to simmer down. Nice.

The guy throwing out conspiracy theories while admittedly not understanding how the process works is telling others to simmer down. Nice.

You were yelling in your post and flipping out.

So yeah, simmer down.

Nah, just using caps for emphasis. Figured it would help push the idea through some tin foil hats being worn around here.

• Upvote 1

Nah, just using caps for emphasis. Figured it would help push the idea through some tin foil hats being worn around here.

Nothing wrong with thinking critically. Don't know why thinking is being frowned upon especially since I admitted of not knowing a specific detail. You rather I had ignored the detail and stick with the original opinion or you just rather people not think at all?

Nothing wrong with thinking critically. Don't know why thinking is being frowned upon especially since I admitted of not knowing a specific detail. You rather I had ignored the detail and stick with the original opinion or you just rather people not think at all?

Here was your exact quote after someone listed a bunch of nonsense regarding how it is rigged: "I think it's pretty obvious. Don't know how one can think otherwise."

You said this without realizing any of the details regarding how the draft lottery is performed. You had made up your mind that it must be rigged. Then, after being given the info that explains how rigging it would be impossible, I'm supposed to praise you for your "critical thinking" for being marginally less skeptical?

You are truly a Socrates of our time. Sorry for doubting your thinking skills.

I'm not going to praise a former anti-vaxxer for eventually seeing the light. It was a ridiculous position in the first place. There are no bonus points for common sense.