Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

I want a guard. Would be delighted with Ball or Fultz and happy with Smith, Monk or Fox. In that order

Ultimately I'm deferring to our scouts. There are a ton of great players at the top and i don't really have a strong opinion between 3 and 7 or so

If you haven't seen it yet check out Game of Zones latest episode featuring the Magic it's pretty funny. Sorry Mario lol...

You like Fox over Smith?

I do. Not by much but Smith as a lead guard makes lazy decisions with the ball, which is bad on the collegiate level and a nightmare in the league. I also always question a prospect with that much ability and upside who's team was so mediocre in college (admittedly not always indicative of his future in the league...see James Harden). I also don't think I'd be mad if they took Smith either. I just think Fox has a better impact on his team, even though his numbers aren't as elite as Smiths.

Its not Fox = EP, it's some people believe that poor shooting puts a ceiling on a guard's career in this NBA. If Payton is automatically disqualified, should fox be too? (because projecting him forward we need to assume he's forever going to be a poor shooter).

Also, it's not Fox vs EP, it's Fox vs Smith vs EP and Monk/Tatum/Isaac

True. Tatum is a different story for me. I'd take Tatum over Fox and not much time would run off the clock in doing so. I would cringe while doing it because Duke players and the NBA is a horrible mix, so says history. But Tatum has a nice game.

I'd like to take a chance on Jeanne either with the Lakers 2nd rounder or our late 1st. Lock him in a gym for his rookie year and by the time he's a 2nd year player you could have a 7'2 monster with long arms and immense potential on both sides of the court.

Ultimately I'm deferring to our scouts. There are a ton of great players at the top and i don't really have a strong opinion between 3 and 7 or so

Agree

Combine Stats:

-De'Aaron Fox: 6'2.0" in shoes: 6'3.25 weight: 170lb wingspan: 6'6.5 Vertical: 34

Combine Stats:

-Elfrid Payton: 6'2.5" in shoes: 6'3.8" weight: 185lb wingspan: 6'8.0" Vertical: 35.5"

Combine Stats:

-De'Aaron Fox: 6'2.0" in shoes: 6'3.25 weight: 170lb wingspan: 6'6.5 Vertical: 34

Combine Stats:

-Elfrid Payton: 6'2.5" in shoes: 6'3.8" weight: 185lb wingspan: 6'8.0" Vertical: 35.5"

Great he's tiny and can't jump....

Just read that Diallo's vert was measured at 44.5 smile_superman.gif really would have liked him with our 2nd 1st.

Did he drop out of draft, or are you thinking he won't be there at our 2nd pick?

Did he drop out of draft, or are you thinking he won't be there at our 2nd pick?

Not sure if he has declared or not yet but I think someone takes a punt on him before our 2nd 1st if he does. His wingspan was 6"11.25 as well lol. Very high risk pick but someone is definitely going to take a chance on him.