Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

He can score the ball. In a variety of ways. His FG%s may not look as good as some guys but he was like 99th percentile in post scoring, his iso game is really advanced and he's solid in transition and attacking close outs. I think he could be a real number 1 option in the NBA with all the tricks he's got.

Pretty much this. I think Tatum is the one I have talked myself into hoping we take if we stay at 5 and he is still there. I think he would be best pick and best fit.

I just can't make my mind up with Fox, he's so so similar to Payton. Question is do we get the top end version that Payton was projected to be or do we get a version that is only marginally better or even the same? I think I would pick him over Monk if Tatum was gone already and take the chance. One thing I do know is that I definitely don't want Smith Jnr if we pick at 5. He should only be in discussion if we drop in the lottery next month, just too many question marks with him for me personally.

First draft in a long time where I'm unsure who my personal favourite to pick is. Slightly worried on who will be making the final decisons come draft day smile_panicworker.gif (Please not Vogel!)

Pretty much this. I think Tatum is the one I have talked myself into hoping we take if we stay at 5 and he is still there. I think he would be best pick and best fit.

I just can't make my mind up with Fox, he's so so similar to Payton. Question is do we get the top end version that Payton was projected to be or do we get a version that is only marginally better or even the same? I think I would pick him over Monk if Tatum was gone already and take the chance. One thing I do know is that I definitely don't want Smith Jnr if we pick at 5. He should only be in discussion if we drop in the lottery next month, just too many question marks with him for me personally.

First draft in a long time where I'm unsure who my personal favourite to pick is. Slightly worried on who will be making the final decisons come draft day smile_panicworker.gif (Please not Vogel!)

What question marks on Smith do you have?

Would you say PG is? Leonard? I see the same athleticism.

not the same athleticism but yeah Kawhi is slow too. There's a reason he was mostly a four in college. just like Tatum.

not the same athleticism but yeah Kawhi is slow too. There's a reason he was mostly a four in college. just like Tatum.

Ok then yeah we're on the same page.

Pierce was slow and I would put Paul George there maybe? He's athletic and definitely quicker than Pierce but I wouldn't call him fast.

Ok then yeah we're on the same page.

Pierce was slow and I would put Paul George there maybe? He's athletic and definitely quicker than Pierce but I wouldn't call him fast.

I need to think more about George.

Kawhi is slow north south but he's really quick moving laterally without the ball which is why he's good defensively. Offensively he's like Rashard.

Tatum doesn't have that lateral quickness but he's got a quick first step which basically means he can go from stand still to his first dribble quickly but he doesn't have much acceleration past that point.

I need to think more about George.

Kawhi is slow north south but he's really quick moving laterally without the ball which is why he's good defensively. Offensively he's like Rashard.

Tatum doesn't have that lateral quickness but he's got a quick first step which basically means he can go from stand still to his first dribble quickly but he doesn't have much acceleration past that point.

So is Isaac taller and quicker?

So is Isaac taller and quicker?

yes. though I'm not sure why you'd prefer Isaac.

I mean, there's a chance he's better but there's also a considerable chance he's worse.

Isaac seems like the type of prospect that could be really good somewhere else, but I have absolutely no faith in our organization to handle him correctly and develop him. In the convo between him and Tatum, give me Tatum, as he is the safer pick. From what I've seen, I think Isaac has a higher ceiling, but Tatum has a much higher floor. We can't afford to miss this one.

Isaac seems like the type of prospect that could be really good somewhere else, but I have absolutely no faith in our organization to handle him correctly and develop him. In the convo between him and Tatum, give me Tatum, as he is the safer pick. From what I've seen, I think Isaac has a higher ceiling, but Tatum has a much higher floor. We can't afford to miss this one.

Swing for the fences or don't swing at all. IMHO. This team needs the highest ceiling players since we have none right now.

What question marks on Smith do you have?

Handles are an issue, over dribbles and isn't that great in the half court which worries me with Vogels style of play. I think he has similar issues with Payton in terms of his effort levels and consistency as well. Just to be clear - I think he will be a solid draft pick and if we take him at say 8/9, I would be pretty ok with that, I think he still ends up being better than Payton. I just think Fox has him beat in a lot of areas and while we are picking at 5, Fox, Tatum and Monk are much better options IMO.