Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

The top 8 guys in the draft are one and done. Do you all see these guys as all stars their first year? I will bet none. And maybe 2 get it in 3 years. Their is no Savior for next year or the year after in this draft.

He's the best catch and shoot guy. But he's small and lacks legitimate point guard skills which would mitigate his size.

So he's Ben Gordon. Ben Gordon was really good in his prime. Is Ben Gordon more valuable in this nba? Is Payton-ben Gordon - Fournier a feasible starting lineup? Or does it just give us a similar situation yet a different name

Y'know it'll be great when we have a few more years of viewing this 3-ball dominated NBA under our belt so we can feel a little more inspired than possibly-more-valuable-Ben Gordon lol. I get what you mean and I liked him in Chicago even if I can't stand the Bulls or the roster he played with. But it's really hard to know which of these guys are going to be conducive to perpetual winning basketball over time. I guess that's why I just want the guy who can shoot the best. the NCAA 3pt line doesn't help us prepare for that. *sigh*

The top 8 guys in the draft are one and done. Do you all see these guys as all stars their first year? I will bet none. And maybe 2 get it in 3 years. Their is no Savior for next year or the year after in this draft.

Why are you focusing on next year and not the next 5 years?

The thing that scares me is smith, monk, tatum, they all fix one problem or another but they really don't fix our main issue which is defense.

We can't plug one guy in. We need dramatic change that results in more plus defense guys at the guard spots. I think you could run a smith- 3 and d- Fournier - Gordon - biyombo lineup and have pretty good success.

I don't think you could run a smith- Fournier - Ross - Gordon - vucevic lineup and expect dramatic changes.

I don't think you could run a smith- Fournier - Ross - Gordon - vucevic lineup and expect dramatic changes.

Well you might want to get used to it because at #6 Smith is a very likely candidate for BPA.

The thing that scares me is smith, monk, tatum, they all fix one problem or another but they really don't fix our main issue which is defense.

We can't plug one guy in. We need dramatic change that results in more plus defense guys at the guard spots. I think you could run a smith- 3 and d- Fournier - Gordon - biyombo lineup and have pretty good success.

You think Smith-Ross-Fourn-Gordon-Biyombo could work?

Well you might want to get used to it because at #6 Smith is a very likely candidate for BPA.

Im cool with smith. I just think we need to build to his strengths. He's a ball dominant player who plays questionable defense. You need guys that play around that better.

You think Smith-Ross-Fourn-Gordon-Biyombo could work?

I saw like 3 games from ross where he was a terror on defense. If he's that guy more often, yes. If not, no. At any rate we need a 2 who just hits open threes at a high rate and plays really good defense.

In the (most likely) event that we have the sixth pick in the draft, I would much rather see if SAC would give up #9 and #10 in exchange for #6 and hope that either Markannen or Isaac fall and get Monk with the second pick. I'm not sure if SAC would do that, but if they are set on getting a good pg we will be in a spot for them to get either Smith or Fox (if he falls). That gives us a chance to build depth at least.

Im cool with smith. I just think we need to build to his strengths. He's a ball dominant player who plays questionable defense. You need guys that play around that better.

The problem with this is that we will still have all the same problems we've had, just with a younger less experienced pg. That won't lead to a better team.

The problem with this is that we will still have all the same problems we've had, just with a younger less experienced pg. That won't lead to a better team.

Yup. That's why we might see a dramatic shuffling of guys

Okay so cross off Fultz, ball, Jackson & Tatum. (Due to incompetent front office and coach)

Time to debate:

Monk

Fox

Smith Jr

Issac

Frank

Markennan

Of those, I'm still into the first 3 the most. But very possible if we fall to 6, two of Monk fox and smith Jr are gone.

Smith Jr is my guy if we don't jump to the top 3