Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

Yea and I got lit up on here by Murphy for saying I'd give Vuch and our 23rd pick for him :svgsad:/>

Rightfully so, it's still a bad trade. A 40 point game means nothing when the other player is still better in almost every conceivable way. Nik is still a far superior player.

One thing that seems clear to me from watching some of the these tourney games: there's some good players in the draft, but no saviors.

We're far from being a good team no matter where we end up falling in the lottery.

Lonzo Ball looked pretty damn close to a savior today.

I'm definitely picking him #1 if I was GM

Rightfully so, it's still a bad trade. A 40 point game means nothing when the other player is still better in almost every conceivable way. Nik is still a far superior player.

We can't even put up a fight against thr Cavs. We have lost 16 straight to them, an NBA record.

Vucevic is a low stakes player. He'd be a backup in virtually every playoff team

Vucevic is a low stakes player. He'd be a backup in virtually every playoff team

Yea I agree with this. I hope we move on from him this offseason. He's not a bad player but with all the opportunity the past 5 years, I remember when we talked him up as Marc Gasol lite. He'd be great 6th man off the bench, like Kanter.

• Upvote 1

We can't even put up a fight against thr Cavs. We have lost 16 straight to them, an NBA record.

He'd be sixth man of the year quality on a deep team. He is still one of the better centers out there (avg starting center). While he isn't as good as Marc Gasol his adv metrics aren't that far off from his overall. I'm not advocating for anything specific, just that he isn't that bad. The point is that he's better than Russell, which is true. Russell gives you less than half the number of additional wins that Nik does. Adding another first round pick in exchange for Russell is adding insult to poor decision.

The point is that he's better than Russell, which is true.

We'll agree to disagree on this.

I'd take Russell for his youth and potential, but it's not an argument I'm passionate about

We'll agree to disagree on this.

I'd take Russell for his youth and potential, but it's not an argument I'm passionate about

I'm not passionate about it either, I understand the youth argument. He might be more valuable one day so its a fair assessment.

At this point, I really want one of these four: Fultz, Ball, Jackson or Tatum. I think these guys are the cream of the crop.

I agree, if we don't end up with one of them this season will be a true disappointment. I just hope that Jackson doesn't play his way into LAL's #2 like he has mine.

Meanwhile, what's up with Monk?

Not sure what you mean. His play in the tournament has been indicative of his performances against better teams. He's a high volume low efficiency player that doesn't contribute much in other categories. This is why he's going 8-10 and not 5-7.

If we pick out of the top 4 it's gonna be a major letdown.

Desperately want one of Fultz, Ball, Jackson or Tatum.

When I hear our team saying they're getting Meeks back and he will be playing I get really concerned that this franchise just doesn't get it.