Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

It's funny that about 85% of us wanted Dante Exum too. I think PG is the hardest position to evaluate when it comes to NBA potential. Even Marcus Smart is starting to look promising as his shot has improved

I never wanted Exum or Burke. Disliked both. I remember spending a lot of time trying to convince myself to like Burke because I was convinced we were gonna draft him. Never got the hype with Exum. Bad frame, average athlete, no shot. He was just tall with solid size.

If your gonna gamble on a PG gamble on one that can score the all.

sure. but if you pull on that thread we quickly go from We wanted Exum -> we were wrong about exum -> we'll be wrong in the future -> we could be wrong about any prospect we discuss -> why even discuss draft prospects at all?

I think you're missing my whole point. I'm just stating that PG is by far the hardest position to evaluate. There's nothing wrong with discussing prospects, as a matter fact I enjoy it. I'm with Soul Bro, I'd rather Orlando spend money on someone proven at the PG spot instead of investing in someone that has to groomed into a NBA caliber PG. That's all we're saying. I hope I'm making sense.

I think you're missing my whole point. I'm just stating that PG is by far the hardest position to evaluate. There's nothing wrong with discussing prospects, as a matter fact I enjoy it. I'm with Soul Bro, I'd rather Orlando spend money on someone proven at the PG spot instead of investing in someone that has to groomed into a NBA caliber PG. That's all we're saying. I hope I'm making sense.

Like Knight?

Yeah.

Why not both though?

oooh. looking back farther in the stats I figured out a comparison I like for smith.

Stephon Marbury (on the court, ignore off court).

heres the numbers

smith 18.5, 6.3, 4.5 with 1.9 steals and 3.4 turnovers on 46.1/37/72 shooting (51% on 2s)

Marbury 18.9, 4.5, 3.1 with 1.8 steals and 3.2 turnovers on 45.7/37/74 shooting (53% on 2s)

love it. and would totally welcome this on my team

Who ever we draft they need to be able to shoot. Like shoot shoot. No more of this learning to shoot on my team. Ball hoop points.

The good news is everyone can shoot. Jackson was the question mark but he's shooting 51% over the last 13 games so who knows

Rumor has it De'Aaron Fox heard Payton4thewin was talking smack about his jump shot so he started raining threes last night ☔️☔️☔️

Rumor has it De'Aaron Fox heard Payton4thewin was talking smack about his jump shot so he started raining threes last night ☔️☔️☔️

Yeah. These last few games have bumped him up to 21% on the year