Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

Lost in the talk of first-year players has been the stellar play of Finnish 7-footer Lauri Markkanen,who, with the absence of Allonzo Trier, has quickly and quietly become the focal point of the Arizona offense.

Markkanen checks in averaging 17.8 PPG, third in the Pac-12, and is fifth in the league in 3-point shooting (46 percent) while also averaging 7.2 rebounds. He has only seven turnovers in the first nine games.

"I think part of the reason is I'm from Europe," Markkanen said of being fairly anonymous on the national landscape thus far. "People don't actually know who I am, but I'm not worried about that. I honestly don't care."

His name gets butchered, and he rarely corrects those who say his name as "Laurie."

It's pronounced "L-Ow-Ree MARK-a-nin."

You may want to learn it now, because as one NBA executive told me, "he's going to be in the NBA for a long, long time." Another who saw him in person recently added that he isn't just going to be in the league for a while, "he may wind up being an NBA All-Star."

http://www.espn.com/...e-expanded-role

This draft sounds absolutely stacked. I know this might get some push back, but I really think we might want to consider picking up some higher draft picks in this draft if we really want to win.

Let's say we wind up as the 8th seed this year. That's pick 15 or 16 probably. That's like, Bam Adebayo, TJ Leaf, maybe Miles Bridges if he slips a little, maybe Jawun Evans if he climbs a little. Thats not bad I suppose. Maybe Harry Giles will slip due to his injury? That might be best case for us.

His stock is soaring, he's probably already guaranteed top 10. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in top 3.

I'm currently at Duke vs. UNLV and Grayson Allen looks like the greatest NBA 6th man to ever live.

Where is he falling on draft boards?

In the zone where he will end up on a good team like the Spurs and have a solid but unspectacular career.

Who Lauri Markannen? That's a bold bet.

Oh **** i thought he was talking about Grayson Allen.

I've had way too much to drink I'm just going to get off the Internet

Haha to be fair I thought the same thing the first time I read it. I agree on Allen he's a 14-25 pick. I'd be surprised if he went lotto but he'll go first round.

Go drunk, Lewis. You're home.

Go drunk, Lewis. You're home.

Got some attention from the wife.

At least somebody got a win tonight.

On another note. Met the owner of a vodka distillery. They make "gunnars real craft vodka"

It's a pretty nice vodka for $20/ 750ml