Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

Henny needs to get back to his roots and get picks for this draft. Nobody is trying to tank

Yup. We'd gotta zig when others zag, not try to out zag everyone like last time

Well ok then. New starting lineup:

Zimmerman

Onuaku

Rudez

Hezonja

Wilcox

This gets probably our worst five out there, still gives Mario plenty of playing time to satisfy those who think he will develop, has no point guard, and should get us some additional much needed losses. Oh, and no subs. Those five each play 48 per game unless one of em collapses.

Well ok then. New starting lineup:

Zimmerman

Onuaku

Rudez

Hezonja

Wilcox

This gets probably our worst five out there, still gives Mario plenty of playing time to satisfy those who think he will develop, has no point guard, and should get us some additional much needed losses. Oh, and no subs. Those five each play 48 per game unless one of em collapses.

Nah. Should play Gordon more. He still needs development

Nah. Should play Gordon more. He still needs development

You know how Vogel said he was going to treat Gordon like Paul George, has anyone actually seen him get the ball in his hands enough or is he shooting himself in the foot with all the jumpshots.

You know how Vogel said he was going to treat Gordon like Paul George, has anyone actually seen him get the ball in his hands enough or is he shooting himself in the foot with all the jumpshots.

Yeah. He's just really bad at it right now

If you missed Indiana-North Carolina last night, check out the dunk by OG Anunoby. I'm seeing some Kawhi Leonard comps.

http://www.ncaa.com/...down-one-handed

“I think it’s just the way the game has gone generally. The NBA is doing it and has done it for some time now where you have players that are more versatile. With the way basketball is being played now with the 3-point line being valued so much and the game really going toward spacing and opening up the middle to where you can get up more 3s, but the other part is, you can get more drives to the basket. More teams are making use of transition to get a quicker shot in transition and also they’re making use of the width of the court. When you have guys who can guard in space, you mentioned OG Anunoby from Indiana, he can guard multiple positions. You can put him on a point guard, you can put him on a four-man. With his ability to cover ground and take away a shot and take away a drive, that’s all great and stuff you talk about with young players in close out drills, but there aren’t many guys who can do that. He can do that. He can guard a point guard and you can put him on four man with his length to cover ground and take away a shot. So you have to have a combination of speed and athleticism and mobility. Having those guys that can do that is incredibly valuable.

“One thing that Anunoby has done is he’s shooting the ball now. I watched him play recently and he has really become a capable shooter to where he can make five 3s in a game. That stretches out a defense and makes it easier to attack. We talk about spacing a lot, and rightfully so, it’s important. But an offense can space out all it wants to, but if they can’t shoot, the defense won’t go with them. The key is, can you stretch the defense, not so much can you space your offense. If you stretch the defense, then you’ve really got some cutting opportunities, driving opportunities. And I think Indiana does as good of a job as anybody with their offense. It’s really a fabulous offense to watch.”

http://www.insidethe...unoby-and-more/

Indiana’s surprise phenom from last March is back, and this time, there is no evading the spotlight. He has the length of an NBA center, the quickness of a point guard, and he doesn’t care what you think about his draft stock. Is it too early to be making Kawhi Leonard comparisons?

https://theringer.co...fced#.vrnyy6smo

here's another point guard to add to the list of awesome point guards in this draft

http://www.sports-re...-1/gamelog/2017

http://www.draftexpr...un-Evans-76420/

last year he had a rough start that eventually picked up into decent play and then this happened http://www.sports-re...homa-state.html against Oklahoma when he got into a duel with buddy hield.

last week he had back to back 30 point games against UConn and UNC

Chad Ford must be reading your posts since he just posted an article calling Evans a 2017 draft sleeper.

Jawun Evans, PG, Sophomore, Oklahoma State

Top 100 Rank: 26

Evans is the lone sophomore on this list. The Big 12 Freshman of the Year didn't get much preseason love from NBA scouts despite the fact that he put up impressive numbers in 2015-16. His lack of elite size and explosive athleticism raised concerns about his ceiling in the NBA.

However, Evans is off to one of the hottest starts of anyone in the country, averaging 24.7 PPG, 5.3 APG and 2.8SPG, plus 56 percent shooting from 3. Despite his high usage rate, he's averaging just 1.8 turnovers per game. He has already dropped 35 points onUConn and 30 points in 27 minutes against UNC.

In a draft absolutely loaded with elite point guard prospects, it can be easy to dismiss Evans. But a number of scouts who watched him at the Maui Invitational told me they think that after the elite freshmen are off the board, Evans could be the next name called.

"Once you get past Markelle Fultz,Lonzo Ball, Dennis Smith,De'Aaron Foxand the kid from France [Frank Ntilikina],I think he's the best point guard prospect in the draft," one NBA scout said. "All of those other guys will be gone before the lottery [ends]. But there will still be teams looking for point guards and I think he's going to bea good one."

http://www.espn.com/...-draft-sleepers

The end of November is here. As I wrote Monday, recent history suggests nine teams have pretty much already been knocked out of playoff contention. Yet, none of them are straight-up tanking. The Sixers are still slowly pivoting from a full-on institutional tank job to trying to be competitive, and the Suns are not expecting to be anything like good. So those two teams are quasi-tanking. They are, at least, not mad about losing.

Everyone else is trying to win. The Mavericks, all of 3-13, proudly announced that they won't tank. Yet, this is expected to be one of the best NBA drafts in years, with Markelle Fultz, Jayson Tatum, Lonzo Ball, Josh Jackson, Harry Giles, OG Anunoby, Ivan Rabb ... the list goes on! By March, there's a real chance two or three of these prospects stick out as franchise players.

The Magic have bounced between average and bad, and they're currently on a downswing. Now Aaron Gordon and Nikola Vucevic are coming off the bench and Mario Hezonja is buried. I get that Frank Vogel is experimenting to find a winning rotation, but this roster is so unbalanced and the best prospects aren't being put in great positions. I mean, is it worth to be a No. 8 seed with Serge Ibaka and Jeff Green leading the way? Maybe it is. This all just seems awfully backwards.

The Magic are the single-most mystifying team in this entire exercise. They make little sense on paper or on the court. They need more talent. Full stop. The best avenue for attracting talent for them has always been the draft. So, yeah, I think they should tank and they might even be able to get some good value for Ibaka in a trade even if it would be a really quick about-face. God they're weird.

http://www.sbnation....s-magic-wizards