Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

I'm officially declaring myself leader of the tank commanders. Given this draft is supposedly loaded with point guards and other good players, I'm ready to put on my helmet, strap in, and dive for mediocrity. Play the young guys and try to trade for another first rounder for this draft, too. Who's with me!?!

I'm officially declaring myself leader of the tank commanders. Given this draft is supposedly loaded with point guards and other good players, I'm ready to put on my helmet, strap in, and dive for mediocrity. Play the young guys and try to trade for another first rounder for this draft, too. Who's with me!?!

Give it another 10 days. After that we'll either be fine or already mid tank.

Please see my sig

Seriously you're late to my party.

Markelle Fultz.

25 points, 6 assists, 5 Rebounds, almost 2 steals and over 1 block a game on 62/47/66 shooting from the field/three/free throw line across his first 4 games.

He's going to be the #1 pick and I stand by my saying I'd trade anything we have for him.

And it's not like this is a bad draft to tank. Miss out on Fultz and you're still looking at one of: Dennis Smith, Josh Jackson, Lonzo Ball, Lauri Markannen, Ivan Rabb, Jonathan Isaac or one of the highly touted Duke freshman who are yet to play in Jayson Tatum and Harry Giles.

That's 9 guys without including anybody from Kentucky or any international prospects. And without mentioning some big prospects. Miles Bridges from MSU might be a better prospect than Jaylen Brown was and he might not be a top 10 pick in this draft.

Seriously you're late to my party.

Markelle Fultz.

25 points, 6 assists, 5 Rebounds, almost 2 steals and over 1 block a game on 62/47/66 shooting from the field/three/free throw line across his first 4 games.

He's going to be the #1 pick and I stand by my saying I'd trade anything we have for him.

And it's not like this is a bad draft to tank. Miss out on Fultz and you're still looking at one of: Dennis Smith, Josh Jackson, Lonzo Ball, Lauri Markannen, Ivan Rabb, Jonathan Isaac or one of the highly touted Duke freshman who are yet to play in Jayson Tatum and Harry Giles.

That's 9 guys without including anybody from Kentucky or any international prospects. And without mentioning some big prospects. Miles Bridges from MSU might be a better prospect than Jaylen Brown was and he might not be a top 10 pick in this draft.

That's awesome. Strapped in

"Our first 2017 Big Board has three very strong No. 1 candidates at the top of the draft and a host of exciting lottery picks. We're projecting as many as six to eight future All-Stars in this group."

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/17208343/chad-ford-nba-draft-2017-big-board-10-ranking-josh-jackson-harry-giles-more

"Our first 2017 Big Board has three very strong No. 1 candidates at the top of the draft and a host of exciting lottery picks. We're projecting as many as six to eight future All-Stars in this group."

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/17208343/chad-ford-nba-draft-2017-big-board-10-ranking-josh-jackson-harry-giles-more

Yeah, might as well...I don't see this group making the playoffs.

Cool let's tank

We're the 9th worst team in the league right now by record but given how bad our point differential is (only the Sixers, Nets and Mavs are lower) we're much worse than our record suggests. Very good chance we'll be in the bottom 5 after this road trip.

I think given the number of teams trying to win this year, we don't have to try that hard to tank.

Fultz, Smith, Jackson and Ball have been awesome so far. The one guy I'm iffy on is Monk, great athlete and he's got a sick jumper but there's way too much Lou Williams in his game.

We're the 9th worst team in the league right now by record but given how bad our point differential is (only the Sixers, Nets and Mavs are lower) we're much worse than our record suggests. Very good chance we'll be in the bottom 5 after this road trip.

I think given the number of teams trying to win this year, we don't have to try that hard to tank.

Fultz, Smith, Jackson and Ball have been awesome so far. The one guy I'm iffy on is Monk, great athlete and he's got a sick jumper but there's way too much Lou Williams in his game.

Yeah. not a lot of teams are tanking. we wont have to tank if we're just bad.

also, I'm going to keep banging on the issac drum. Dude is averaging 15 and 6 on 60/50/71 shooting and is a 6'11 small forward.

EDIT: I need to clarify. I wouldn't take him over Fultz and maybe Ball.