Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

Can Fultz shoot?

I like Dennis Smith

I'd say he's a better jump shooter than when John Wall first came into the league. But he's not Stephen Curry. He shot 34% on 3s in AAU ball but they weren't just catch and shoot he takes pull ups etc.

Damn I love this draft class enough that I kind of hope we just suck this year.

I'm kind of the same. We picked a bad year to try to be good.

We could potentially have something like a 2-10 record by late this month given our schedule. Rob would get fired and then we'd probably tank, though Frank is talented enough that he might figure out how to salvage things with the roster.

Not sure there's any reason to fire Rob until the end of the season. It doesn't do anything but show instability from a PR standpoint. It's not like firing him early will help the team win/lose.

Not sure there's any reason to fire Rob until the end of the season. It doesn't do anything but show instability from a PR standpoint. It's not like firing him early will help the team win/lose.

If you don't have confidence in someone to do the job then why let that person stick around. Sure it hurts your pocketbook but you can allow the new guy to instill his vision and shape the roster as he sees fit. Otherwise the current guy will keep doing things according to his reality.

For example: If we're losing badly then why hang onto Ibaka. Trade him to a team that is interested in signing him long term. The new team will have his bird rights. If you think about a team over the cap (that won't be able to sign him outright) then that could make sense for both parties.

If you don't have confidence in someone to do the job then why let that person stick around. Sure it hurts your pocketbook but you can allow the new guy to instill his vision and shape the roster as he sees fit. Otherwise the current guy will keep doing things according to his reality.

For example: If we're losing badly then why hang onto Ibaka. Trade him to a team that is interested in signing him long term. The new team will have his bird rights. If you think about a team over the cap (that won't be able to sign him outright) then that could make sense for both parties.

But there's no way you get a good deal on him because everyone in the league knows you're trying to tear it down. Also, the only teams willing to make that trade would be contenders which mean there wouldn't be any return on it anyway. And you'd have to go through an entire hiring process before the new GM would have a chance to look at the roster, meaning any trade would be less thought out. Firing Rob at the end of the season gives time to analyze the roster and fit it around where the draft pick lands.

It's just not worth the little relief you might get to fire him mid season. Give him a season to improve. See if the roster grows as the season progresses. It's very possible this team turns around in mid December or January.

Pretty good college basketball double header on Friday if you can tear yourself away from the Magic/Jazz game. Arizona plays Michigan State, and Kansas takes on Indiana.

Indiana starts its season on Friday with a game against Kansas in Maui, which will pit Anunoby against Josh Jackson, one of the early front-runners to be the no. 1 overall pick in the upcoming draft Jackson is widely considered the best athlete in a stacked freshman class, and Anunoby is every bit his equal athletically. There may not be another matchup of two guys with their size and speed going at each other all season. Anunoby will be the underdog, but he’s not going to be intimidated by Jackson, or his pedigree. Once the two step on the court, none of their recruiting or draft rankings will mean a thing. He will be facing off against the latest one-and-done superstar, except this time, his name will be in the marquee, too. We know who OG Anunoby is this time around. We’re about to find out what he can become.

https://theringer.co...fced#.zi71zoj0v

I just watched Lauri Markannen, a near 7 footer, successfully run a pick and roll as the ball handler. It didn't lead to points as the roll man blew the layup but impressive.

I just watched Lauri Markannen, a near 7 footer, successfully run a pick and roll as the ball handler. It didn't lead to points as the roll man blew the layup but impressive.

That kid has all the tools to be a star