Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

Friends, I don't think it's ever too early to look ahead and dream a little. Who do you like in the 2017 NBA Draft? I find it soothing that 5 of the top 10 prospects are PGs.

Admittedly, I know virtually nothing about the 2017 prospects. However, knowing Henny, it wouldn't shock me if Frank Ntilikina is crazy high on his list.

This is a crazy deep draft on paper. we'll see what happens when guys actually get on the court.

our pick range is probably somewhere between 11 and 16.

If we're looking at a point guard, here's our probable options

you have De'aaron Fox who basically has similar strengths and weaknesses as Payton

Lonzo Ball who has similar strengths and weaknesses as Payton

The guy I'm most interested in right now is Devonte Graham. He's a guy who's been on Kansas for two years playing behind (and next to) Frank Mason. This kind of reminds me of Kemba Walker's situation where he played behind AJ Price for a couple years and was overshadowed by a talent rich team. Graham had some big games against Oklahoma twice and West Virginia where he had 27 points in 2/3 games. Put up 17 in the final four against Villanova. He's a 44% career three point shooter.

For all I know he flounders when handed the keys to the program this year but he might be the guy shooting up draft boards.

A guy I think has the potential to slip into our 12-16 range is Josh Jackson. He's old for a freshman and has the reputation of being an emotional guy on the court which might put a couple of teams off. Also he's going to Kansas where Self has been a little reluctant to hand the keys to a freshman the last couple of years.

Ivan Rabb as well, most people have him mocked higher than the 12-16 range but if he doesn't show the improvement people expect he might slide a few spots.

A guy I think could end up going top 10 but hope will be in our range is Lauri Markannen. Guy lit up the FIBA u 20s for Finland this summer and finished with the 3rd highest PER ever registered at the tournament (behind Tony Parker and Nikola Mirotic). He might have a huge year at Arizona and push himself into the top 10 or top 5 but if he's on the board when we pick I'd be over the moon.

In terms of best prospect possible for us its probably Markelle Fultz but unless we miss the playoffs and get serious lottery luck he's a pipe dream.

IU homer aside, I love this guy.

It all starts on defense for Anunoby, who owns versatile qualities that are highly sought after in the NBA. He’s 6’8” with a reported 7’6” wingspan. He came to Indiana at 210 pounds but now weighs over 230, and his frame can support even more muscle.

Think about it this way: Anunoby has the length of DeAndre Jordan, the height of Jimmy Butler and the quickness of Tony Allen. With that unique mix, he defends all five positions in college and checks all the boxes for a player with elite defensive potential at the next level.

The defensive dominance everyone witnessed against Kentucky is nothing new. He manhandled Iowa senior forward Jarrod Uthoff. He competed against potential Naismith award winner Denzel Valentine. He made life a living hell for Wisconsin upperclassman forward Nigel Hayes. In limited minutes, he even contained potential No. 1 pick Brandon Ingram.

But in Indiana’s win over the Wildcats, the 18-year-old’s season came to its pinnacle with him locking down seven different Kentucky players. He jostled senior forward Alex Poythress. His box-outs made 7-footer Skal Labissiere move as easily as a feather. He switched onto speedster point guard Tyler Ulis and engulfed him with his long wingspan.

But his most impressive moments came against sharpshooter Jamal Murray, who had one of his worst games this year, largely due to Anunoby. Few highlights better exemplify Anunoby’s defensive ability than this one. Murray had what looked like an open shot, but the Indiana freshman immediately recognized the team’s defensive error. He was then as quick as a thunderbolt with his closeout, and his pterodactyl wingspan allowed him to block the shot as it left Murray’s fingertips.

http://www.sportingn...um1l0ebtwyhs6o7

So who are the guys that are being hyped the most? :svgsad:/>

Fultz is the current top pick in a John wall type mold.

Tatum is a sf with a Tobias harris type game right now. Midrange guy. Doesn't pass much now.

Jackson is like Wiggins. Defensive scoring slasher who needs to improve jumper.

Giles is very Elton brand-ish in a good way

Isaac is Durant-ish. Skinny 6'11 sf who plays like a guard and has the athleticism to play above the rim and defend the perimeter.

We haven't seen enough of any of these guys to tell which ones are going to be good yet.

Tatum is a sf with a Tobias harris type game right now. Midrange guy. Doesn't pass much now.

Isaac is Durant-ish. Skinny 6'11 sf who plays like a guard and has the athleticism to play above the rim and defend the perimeter.

We haven't seen enough of any of these guys to tell which ones are going to be good yet.

How our team is currently constructed Fultz or Isaac fit our team the best based on your description.

We need scoring badly!

Nice. Thanks.