Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Predictions thread

nah.

the answer to every problem isn't to fire somebody.

You sure?

Problem: House is on fire

Solution: Set Bob on fire

Seems to solve it to me....

I think all this thread shows is how well Rob/Alex et al pulled the wool over our eyes. It was obvious 15 games into the season we were staring at a dumpster fire, yet prior to the start of the season most people saw at least mid 30's in wins. There are only 15 games left in the season, we need to have a 66.67 winning % the rest of the way to get to 35 wins. We have a 33.33 winning % since the ASB.

Fun Early Player Predictions-

Payton: slightly improves in almost everything, but not enough to hold the naysayers at bay. The main area that he improves is his shooting, where he becomes better around the rim, but continues to be passive when shooting the ball, only making an extra 5-10 3 pointers through the year. He has a span of 5-10 games where he is aggressive and looks like a potential future all-star, but quickly falls back to his normal play, with a couple bad games. Basically, the same as this year but a little better.

Think I pretty much nailed this one except for the extra 3 pointers.

Gordon: takes a little while to get acclimated to playing SF most of the time. He has a couple games where he takes over, but struggles a bit at the new position. Ends the season strong, but doesn't improve as much as some people (me) believe he should.

Still going, but looks like I only will have gotten this one because he was moved back to PF :(

Fournier: basically the same as last year, but averages 15 points a game.

Pretty close- not sure why I put 15 points here though since he averaged more than that last year

Hezonja: Looks a lot more comfortable than last year. Ups his scoring/overall performance and is trusted down the stretch in some major games. Basically builds off of what was a good showing in the Olympics/ looks like an NBA player.

Please tell me that there is still hope? Yeah this was a miss.

Ibaka: Improves from last year but not back to his 2012-2014 form. Averages 15 and 7 with 2 blocks.

Yep- blocks aren't there but otherwise correct

Biyombo: Helps stabilize the defense but is forced out of the line-up at times because of his lack of offense. Has a game where he blocks everything and a bunch of fans will wonder why he doesn't get more time. Is basically DeAndre Jordan light w/ better defense.

Nope.

Vuc: Stabilizes offense at times but is forced out of line-ups at times because of his lack of defense. Sees box-score stats fall across the board. Team is forced to choose between him and Biyombo at the trade deadline.

I think I was a little correct about this, didn't hit everything and definitely wasn't traded

Green: Is there. decent vet off the bench. Has a couple games where people wonder why he is not the starter, and over all plays pretty good. Is the Jason Smith of 2016-2017. Everyone forgets he played for the team after 2-3 years.

WRONG

Augustin: Plays well enough that some fans clamor for him to start over Payton.

Right besides the "Plays well enough" part

Everyone else: Forgettable for the season. Some traded away for nothing.

Yep.

Not bad on my predictions- about 70% correct, I would say.