Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Predictions thread

37-45, no playoffs. Might sound negative but my hopes aren't exactly through the roof either. We'll see.

that's not all that negative considering it's not drastically different than most predictions and a better record than last year.

I must be getting old. I can still remember when an offseason spending spree of $200M got you more than a win increase of 2 from the previous year.

salary doesn't contribute to wins.

salary doesn't contribute to wins.

Replace the word "salary" with "player" makes no difference

This team is heavily banking on unproven talent to take a big step forward. If that doesn't work out get ready for the DJ Augustin, Biyombo and Ibaka show for years to come.

Replace the word "salary" with "player" makes no difference

This team is heavily banking on unproven talent to take a big step forward. If that doesn't work out get ready for the DJ Augustin, Biyombo and Ibaka show for years to come.

I mean they are and they aren't. They set it up so that if young talent doesn't step forward there's a veteran to pick up the slack.

42 wins. We'll have a good back half of the season, we will struggle to score at times but offset it with making it even harder for the opposition to score. I think Vucevic may be phased onto the bench in a Kanter role (which I also think will be best for the team). I don't think we will find much trade value with Vuc because there is already Monroe and Okafor available for teams looking for a center.

I mean they are and they aren't. They set it up so that if young talent doesn't step forward there's a veteran to pick up the slack.

Great point but, I also take it to mean that this roster signaled the end of the rebuild, and we are now ushering in the playoff roster, only to be followed by the DEATH SQUAD ROSTER, that will contend for the ring within 3 seasons!

smile_creaturedance.gif

Just Saying!

40-42 9th seed. I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but that's my prediction. I think it will finally be clear Payton isn't our PG of the future and Hezonja will be mediocre until the last part of the season when he finally starts to break out(it will be a little too late though). Ibaka will stay because he'll see the future potential. Gordon will struggle playing SF, but he'll also start to break out towards the end of the season(he may not be playing SF for long, I expect Vuc to be moved before the deadline). I think our second half record will be much better than our first half, but it won't be enough for the 8 seed.