Sign in to follow this  
RavenclawMagic

Ad space on jerseys

I hate hate hate the idea for all of basketball. I see enough ads as it is everywhere everyday. I don't want to be reminded daily that my Orlando Magic is brought to me by GEICO. ADs are taking over the WORLD, and the only thing people justify this kind of behavior with is money. Well, what am I missing here... there is a salary cap in place, yeah? This is so super teams cannot be created by plug-and-play billionaire GMs that can offer insane contracts no-one can rival that hardly any prospect would ever turn down, no? What would the money be for other than "new facilities," I guess, or a super-advanced-analytics department. If this kind of trend continues, NBA contracts will unanimously be more lucrative than NFL contracts, until even they start selling ad space on their jerseys. WHERE DOES IT END? :panicworker:

I will never support this idea, and its discouraging that the people that generally do are the ones in charge. You'll hardly be able to tell a team apart, as they will all just look like giant moving billboards. How Progressive. <_<

south-park-pop-up-ads-hed-2015.png

I see where you're coming from in an economical distribution sense. It's done pretty much all over the world in all professional leagues, and yeah like someone said earlier I can't believe it hasn't happened in the NBA yet.

I would prefer if it didn't.

I see where you're coming from in an economical distribution sense. It's done pretty much all over the world in all professional leagues, and yeah like someone said earlier I can't believe it hasn't happened in the NBA yet.

I would prefer if it didn't.

Me too. I rather set the standard than follow. I think it looks stupid as hell personally.

I can't stand ads on jerseys. They always seem to be bigger than the actual teams logo. For example Manchester United's jersey, I see people wearing this and think they must support Chevrolet...

37856408_xxl.jpg

People with common sense would know they support Man Utd lol

I can't stand ads on jerseys. They always seem to be bigger than the actual teams logo. For example Manchester United's jersey, I see people wearing this and think they must support Chevrolet...

It's the standard in Soccer, partly because teams aren't always named like American teams are (City + Nickname). There are no rules and the funkier teams are simply called Arsenal FC, etc.

So what really matters there is the logo, something every team has

I can live with one small logo, like the NBA one, on the side but if it becomes excessive and or miniaturizes and replaces the team logo, that will be wrong on many levels.