Sign in to follow this  
Catalina Maria

Vuc - Should he stay or go?

I think we can win by creating an identity of hard nosed defense like the Pistons circa 2000's or Pacers of recent with Vogel at the helm.

You still have to offense created by someone. Billups wasn't a scoring champ but he could create offense.

50-55 wins next year seems a tad optimistic with the current roster.

I dont believe so it is an improvement by 15 - 20 games in weak eastern conference and this year we are playing with some experience (including one that was 48 minutes away from the nba finals for 3 games)

last year we were 6 - 10 in games decided by 3 points or less and another 7 of our losses were decided by 4 -9 points

we went 30-22 when we scored 100+

only Cleveland had a winning record in the east when giving up 100. we went 12 -39 now with Vuc , Gordon , Ibaka and Biyombo we have a heavy defensive presence so reducing this by 10 -12 games will be huge for us but with a defensive minded coach it is achievable.

we play 52 games v other eastern conference sides we can win 36 - 40 of those 10 - 15 wins against the west is achievable. I do know our is roster is not top notch but we have added experience and Vogal is used to winning that is a huge key in the tight ones (Those that were here in the SVG days and that dream 09 season would agree that a coach that is used to winning closes out the close ones).

by reductions as above we go 46 - 51 wins but also given the conference and a couple of games that we should never of lost (cough horrible January cough) we could pull out a couple of we are on streak confidence wins makes it do able.

I dont believe so it is an improvement by 15 - 20 games in weak eastern conference and this year we are playing with some experience (including one that was 48 minutes away from the nba finals for 3 games)

last year we were 6 - 10 in games decided by 3 points or less and another 7 of our losses were decided by 4 -9 points

we went 30-22 when we scored 100+

only Cleveland had a winning record in the east when giving up 100. we went 12 -39 now with Vuc , Gordon , Ibaka and Biyombo we have a heavy defensive presence so reducing this by 10 -12 games will be huge for us but with a defensive minded coach it is achievable.

we play 52 games v other eastern conference sides we can win 36 - 40 of those 10 - 15 wins against the west is achievable. I do know our is roster is not top notch but we have added experience and Vogal is used to winning that is a huge key in the tight ones (Those that were here in the SVG days and that dream 09 season would agree that a coach that is used to winning closes out the close ones).

by reductions as above we go 46 - 51 wins but also given the conference and a couple of games that we should never of lost (cough horrible January cough) we could pull out a couple of we are on streak confidence wins makes it do able.

We changed the team too much to use last year as a barometer for anything

Lets just say that we do trade Vuc? Who or what is out there that we could get for equal pay. I believe Zimmerman will be the last big on the roster and Gordon is going to stay at the 4. so what realistically could we get for Vuc? i am just wondering what people think trades could happen?

I just dont see us trading Vuc yet unless it is for a starter SF. I think we will wait until the season ends to see howthe Ibaka situation plays out. If ibaka leaves and/or doesnt work out, we can still have a front court of Vuc, Biy, Gordon, Z. This will give us the option of letting Ibaka go and sign a guy like russell, paul, Blake etc.. W/O going over the cap.

the magic need people who can score the ball, i see alot of people saying others could score with that many shots or w/e....a lot of players just can't get off that many shots because they aren't that good. i think the magic will commit to a 3 man big rotation and always have a biyombo or ibaka out there with him to cover his weaknesses. if you trade vooch then you really have nobody to score, and it's one less guy to stretch the floor

the magic need people who can score the ball, i see alot of people saying others could score with that many shots or w/e....a lot of players just can't get off that many shots because they aren't that good. i think the magic will commit to a 3 man big rotation and always have a biyombo or ibaka out there with him to cover his weaknesses. if you trade vooch then you really have nobody to score, and it's one less guy to stretch the floor

Yeah and I think you keep Vuch until another player rather it's Payton, Fournier, Mario, or AG can be relied on more to score.

Plus the development of Biyombo will also dictate what happens to Vuch.

The more I think about it the more I think he's staying, and I like that now. As someone pointed out in another thread, his trade value will actually increase next off-season as the caps going up again and he's still got 2 years left on his great contract. Besides that, I think he will offer a lot, and be a big part of our success this season. I think that it will be hard for us to rely on Bismack too much, expecting to play a no offence, energy guy 40 minutes a game might not be best for the team, add to that the fact that BB is foul prone I think we need a very reliable back-up big and with Vuch gone that guy will have to be Zim (Smith and Dedmon gone) and he's obviously not ready (I know we can go small with AG-Ibaka, but what if that's not a good match-up against certain teams while BB is in foul trouble, who do we slot in?). I think Vuch makes so much sense keeping around, playing all your bigs a little less minutes is a good thing, preserves fitness for the post-season and is less likely to result in foul trouble, and energy guys like Bismack can go all out for the minutes they are on the floor. As long as the 3 of them are happy with their minutes/role than I think it's a great thing for the team. Unless an absolute superstar is available and we need Vuch to get him, I don't want him traded.

I guess my confusion with Vuc and the current big man rotation stems from thinking Ibaka came here to play the 5 not to continue being a stretch 4, which apparently he hated.

I guess my confusion with Vuc and the current big man rotation stems from thinking Ibaka came here to play the 5 not to continue being a stretch 4, which apparently he hated.

Off season is still upon us.

Could his comments been a little misinterpreted though? Didn't he just say something about not wanting to be a fake 4 anymore or something like that? Wanted more opportunities to play inside/mid range, or being a more important part of the team/offence, which he would get with Vuch on the floor? I doubt we traded for Ibaka to sit him in the corner on offence.