Sign in to follow this  
Catalina Maria

Vuc - Should he stay or go?

keep vuch. we dont even know if we will have serge after next year. keeping all three fits and is good assurance. We also need the scoring. I believe before the trade, if you asked who would fit best next to vuc, serge is the number one choose. I believe we are building around vuch as a team tier one player. Lets see what vogel does with him and the rest of the team - before writing off our best scorer.

keep him unless we can trade him for a borderline all star PG.

It is nice to have depth and injuries happen all the time.

Ibaka Biyombo Vucevic might be the best big man rotation in the league

Agreed! Usually there is a significant drop in production within the big man rotation, but this combination appears to be heaven sent, only if all of these guys live up to their potential and don't sulk!

I think selling Nik on the idea may take some work...........he suffered the growing pains and embarrassment of playing here at a really bad point in time!

But hey, let's play to winn!!! smile_creaturedance.gif

Vucevic is a valuable big and deserves to grow his skills with Vogel as coach. I think he can play alongside Ibaka or Biyombo. Foolish to trade a guy with such a cost effective contract, unless you can get a Paul George or Jimmy Butler, and you likely won't. Not right now.

Thanks Catalina for making this thread! :D/

I'm on the keep Vuch unless it's a package deal for a player like Butler. Someone like that.

Thanks Catalina for making this thread! :D/>/

I'm on the keep Vuch unless it's a package deal for a player like Butler. Someone like that.

It was your idea :-) I saw your post on the other thread.

Yeah I say keep him for now too. Rare to find a good guy plus he signed at a discount.

It was your idea :-) I saw your post on the other thread.

Yeah I say keep him for now too. Rare to find a good guy plus he signed at a discount.

Nah his value will only go down as every starters minute disappears. He has a great deal by todays dollars which has a decent few years left on it. With that in mind Id say he is one of our best assets and I dont think he will be any more valuable as a trade chip than he is today.

I really don't see why Vuc's value would go down? He's a proven commodity, everyone in the league knows he's good for 15-18ppg and 7-9rpg with starters minutes. It's not like that changes because he's relegated to the bench with our newfound depth.

let's hope chicago goes 12-18 before all star.... then try to get jimmy butler again....

if henny is crazy enough, trade unprotected 1st pick of any year + payton + vooch for butler... and play butler as our starting PG

the bulls ran the big guard lineup in the 97 season... with jordan pip harper

for those of you who watched the bulls last year, butler was their play maker, you put him in the PG position with fournier gordon ibaka + hezonja or biyombo...

I think that will easily put us over the top and be able to challenge the cavs

I really don't see why Vuc's value would go down? He's a proven commodity, everyone in the league knows he's good for 15-18ppg and 7-9rpg with starters minutes. It's not like that changes because he's relegated to the bench with our newfound depth.

His value won't go down, you're right. Every GM in the league pretty much knows exactly who Vuch is, for both good and bad. He's a top 5 offensive center, probably a bottom 5 defensive center who has a great contract. Whether he starts for us or not will have no bearing on his value--which will always be high unless he gets hurt.

keep him he has been a huge upgrade since Dwight Howard.

In todays nba a 3 big man rotation is not a silly idea. OKC did it well with Adams , Kanter and Ibaka and showed in the playoffs how effective it is.

In a much weaker Eastern Conference It should get us a solid 50 - 55 wins which will be good enough for 4th 5th place possibly 3rd.

you could go outside the box and even play all 3 bigs at once, Ibaka's ability to shoot at range with added Height could make him a small forwards nightmare to guard. altho we would have to play 20 -22 second offences to stem transition and fast breaks against us. this would also allow to some how keep Gordon in the mix too.

One thing I really do not like about Vogal's coaching style is he tends to try and win big rather than test dept and win ( we all know an 82 game season is marathon not a sprint) and it showed in 2014 Pacers were tired and Hibbert was a big example he was both Physically and Mentally tired and went missing in the playoffs because of it. - Don't get me wrong finishing with the home court in the conference finals is huge but I would rather play on the road and be a bit fresher than play at home and have nothing in the tank

keep him he has been a huge upgrade since Dwight Howard.

In todays nba a 3 big man rotation is not a silly idea. OKC did it well with Adams , Kanter and Ibaka and showed in the playoffs how effective it is.

In a much weaker Eastern Conference It should get us a solid 50 - 55 wins which will be good enough for 4th 5th place possibly 3rd.

50-55 wins next year seems a tad optimistic with the current roster.

Yeah, I'm thinking 45 wins and 6th/7th seed. No one will want to face us in the playoffs though

This is possible with the current roster but................ I don't think we are done moving and shaking yet!

I believe Henny has at a minimum, one more mind blowing move before we head to training camp! smile_headbang.gif