Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

Victor Oladipo Appreciation Thread

Please keep all talk of the trade to other threads. This is solely for Appreciating VO and his 3 years here.

He's brought us some memorable moments in my opinion. Part of that dunk winner against the Thunder from Tobias. Game tying shots this year against the Thunder (no wonder OKC wanted him). The triple doubles his rookie year. The game winning layup against the Bulls. The 360 dunk, the dunk on Lebron and the dunk contest "540" dunk.

Personally, I became a Magic (and basketball) fan just after the draft in 2011 so he's the first Magic guy I saw in college, in the pre draft process and then playing in the NBA. He's been my favorite player for 3 years and his performance in the game in London (the only nba game I've seen live in person) was terrific.

He's a good player and seems like a stand up guy and I wish him all the best.

I have been a huge Oladipo supporter the last two years. His 45 point game against Cleveland will stand out as a highlight.

I've always said he'll be an integral 3rd best player on a championship team, and now he has that chance. I wish him the best.

I don't really know how to respond. He was slowly becoming my favorite player, and has a ton of potential. He wasn't likely to be a superstar, but I was looking forward to seeing his growth. Bummed he left for less than a superstar. He'll be great in OKC.

It's a bitter-sweet moment for me because Oladipo is my son's favorite player and I loved his heart and hustle. Victor is a great pro and he was a player you never had to worry about on or off the court. My favorite moments from Oladipo was the game against the Knicks in Orlando where he took over the game in the 4th qtr and overtime. Also the block on Lillard where he was back pedaling was epic. I still watch that highlight. Thanks for the memories Victor

My heartrate jumped last night when I saw we got Ibaka. I went from "Who's Sabonis?" to "WAIT WHAT HOW?!" and then "nooooo Victor?" and I was bummed. BUMMED! I love the guy. Pure heart and a great person.

But I thought about it and I guess it was just a matter of when we'd start using our younglings in trades and then, which one(s). Dipo, as much of a fan favorite he was, wasn't the franchise player or star who pulled us out of the treadmill purgatory. He sadly wasn't able to be that player. He'll be a fantastic 3rd or 4th wheel behind Durant (if he stays) and Westbrook, where he doesn't have to be the focal point on offense.

That said, I wish him all the best with the Thunder and will root for him.

OKC you later, Victor :(

I am gunna miss Vic so much. He was an entertainer while being a good player for our team. He had his shortcomings which were under the telescope due to our own WEAKNESSES and NEEDS as a team, so I can see why he has been moved. For me, it's a Win Win trade, depending on if we can bring in something more to the table in trades/FA.

Interesting direction, never saw it coming and that's why it hurt so much but possibly the right way forward. I will reserve my opinion for now.

It sucks we won't see him continue to develop as an NBA player in a Magic uniform but I wish him the best in OKC. Until they play us of course, then I hope Ibaka sends every shot he puts up flying into the 3rd row.

Dipo will thrive in OKC where he is option #3. It's a win-win for a player who is big hearted and a team that needed interior defense.

Dipo is the better player, but Ibaka is what the Magic needed. I'm sure OKC wouldn't take Fournier or Hezonja, so they took our best player.

Yes!!! I will miss VO! I hope the kid destroys it out there in OKC! Sorry that of all of our players, you were really the only one they wanted!!!

God bless ya Vic!!! Best to ya!!! writing_thinking.gifwriting_thinking.gif

I could see Dipo being in the conversation for Defensive Player of the Year during the first half of this season. Since he doesn't have to force the offense anymore, it's reasonable to think he'll be fresher to focus on being a stopper.