Sign in to follow this  
barnettej

2017 Playoffs or Henny is Fired

Mike Conley is a good shooter. A PG in today's NBA cannot be good without being s good shooter

Beat me to it. A PG in today's NBA does actually need to be at least a decent outside shooter. That is a must for a successful team. Orlando is trying to bandage up the offense by filling it with guys who are elite shooters, but can't play defense. Ibaka helps with interior D, but trading Oladipo to get that is in many ways another symptom of this GMs love for Elfrid Payton.

And this thread is ridiculous and made in haste over an emotional decision from last night. Henny is not on that hot seat. Skiles gave up on the team, so Henny has to work with what we have in the aftermath. JV was always going to be the middle man till we made our move. Vogel is the right man for this position. Outside of trading away Harris for nothing, I have not been upset with any of Henny's moves in the time that he has been here. He has a plan and process in mind, I trust that and I trust the lineage that Henny comes from (OKC + SA)

Be patient. Breathe. It'll be fine.

Not really... I have been thinking about this since JV was fired and Victor was asked to do too much too soon. And since then the moves do not follow any type of plan that should of been in place since he started.

As a Manager or Officer of an organization, one of the main things that is asked is... show me your vision and the strategy to get there.

Question, can you guys see the vision and strategy, because I don't and it's the reason why this thread was created.

Every season since Rob has been the leader has ended in a failed season.

Not really... I have been thinking about this since JV was fired and Victor was asked to do too much too soon. And since then the moves do not follow any type of plan that should of been in place since he started.

As a Manager or Officer of an organization, one of the main things that is asked is... show me your vision and the strategy to get there.

Question, can you guys see the vision and strategy, because I don't and it's the reason why this thread was created.

Every season since Rob has been the leader has ended in a failed season.

we've had one failed season. maybe two

we've had one failed season. maybe two

Definitely 2. 2014/15 should have been a push for the playoffs in a very week East, not a bottom 5 team. We didn't need to actually make the playoffs that year, but we needed to not suck horribly, like we did. There was no progress at all until this past season, and even that was a disappointment.

We knew this a long time ago. Long before Dipo was traded. Why is this even a thread? Once free agency is done and all you whiny babies are done crying--I'm gonna have a field day on ya.

We knew this a long time ago. Long before Dipo was traded. Why is this even a thread? Once free agency is done and all you whiny babies are done crying--I'm gonna have a field day on ya.

You're also setting yourself up to have a train ran on you if we don't sign anyone (and throwing a max at Barnes or Batum to get to the salary minimum doesn't count).

People want everything, but don't want to give up anything. I hope more people don't cry if we trade away anymore of our average players. As long as we keep Mario & AG, I don't get the pissing and moaning on here.

Rob made the right call on Harris--people cry. People cry about not having a rim protector for 4 years, so Rob brings in one of the better defensive bigs in the league for oladipo--people cry.

Those of you saying Oladipo still has loads of potential, please stop. He's 2 years younger then Ibaka. He is who he is. Inconsistent all around. Can't shoot a good percentage, can't finish at the rim consistently, doesn't get to the foul line, turns the ball over to much, plays erratic in crunch time--but no he can still be Dwayne Wade. He's a good defender, that's the only thing he does that is above average.

Love Victor's effort, love his attitude, but you guys gotta let go of the loads of potential thing with him.

You're also setting yourself up to have a train ran on you if we don't sign anyone (and throwing a max at Barnes or Batum to get to the salary minimum doesn't count).

Bring the train on. Batum is a perfect fit for us.

Also, as the team stands now--we're still a much better team then last year. Either way, we are a better team then last year and you guys look dumb crying like babies over a trade that netted us our best player since Dwight--all for a guy whose really better suited as a 6th man.

5WmyaeDDlmb1m.gif

Bring the train on. Batum is a perfect fit for us.

Also, as the team stands now--we're still a much better team then last year. Either way, we are a better team then last year and you guys look dumb crying like babies over a trade that netted us our best player since Dwight--all for a guy whose really better suited as a 6th man.

5WmyaeDDlmb1m.gif

I can only speak for myself. I'm not upset about shipping out Vic, I'm upset about only getting (a shell of) Ibaka in return. Turn Ilyasova into Vucevic and we're all preordering Boogie shirzeys today.

Return on investment. We didn't get it.

People want everything, but don't want to give up anything. I hope more people don't cry if we trade away anymore of our average players. As long as we keep Mario & AG, I don't get the pissing and moaning on here.

Rob made the right call on Harris--people cry. People cry about not having a rim protector for 4 years, so Rob brings in one of the better defensive bigs in the league for oladipo--people cry.

Those of you saying Oladipo still has loads of potential, please stop. He's 2 years younger then Ibaka. He is who he is. Inconsistent all around. Can't shoot a good percentage, can't finish at the rim consistently, doesn't get to the foul line, turns the ball over to much, plays erratic in crunch time--but no he can still be Dwayne Wade. He's a good defender, that's the only thing he does that is above average.

Love Victor's effort, love his attitude, but you guys gotta let go of the loads of potential thing with him.

I don't think it's so much trading Harris or Vic that upsets people it's the crap value he gets back. You trade Harris for spare parts and cap space. You trade Vic for a solid but not great big. They essentially traded both Harris and Vic for Ibaka. If your happy with that value your nuts. I'll give him FA before I go nuts but my thoughts on him have def shifted to the negative.

I can only speak for myself. I'm not upset about shipping out Vic, I'm upset about only getting (a shell of) Ibaka in return. Turn Ilyasova into Vucevic and we're all preordering Boogie shirzeys today.

Return on investment. We didn't get it.

A shell? Your over exaggerating big time. He was down like 2 points, 1 or so rebounds, and a block a game last season.