Sign in to follow this  
barnettej

2017 Playoffs or Henny is Fired

I think it's time to hold our front office accountable in the same way the front office held the Magic head coaches accountable.

If the front office can fire their 2 HC for an uninspired season, then why can we as fans hold our front office leaders to the same standard.

5yrs we have been rebuilding.... 5yrs we were in the bottom of our division.... 5yrs we have made suspect moves with players, playing them out of position at times... 5yrs we have been trying to identify who we are as a team, and thus far we are still searching for ourselves in the mix of the NBA.

Rob Hennigan is the Architect of the above along with his entourage front office buds... how much more time should we allow them to continue?

It's simple, 2017 should be the season where we determine if we need an office face lift.

2017 Playoffs or Fire the Front Office.

Just wanted to note that nobody is intending to literally set fire to any offices, front or otherwise.

I think it's time to hold our front office accountable in the same way the front office held the Magic head coaches accountable.

If the front office can fire their 2 HC for an uninspired season, then why can we as fans hold our front office leaders to the same standard.

5yrs we have been rebuilding.... 5yrs we were in the bottom of our division.... 5yrs we have made suspect moves with players, playing them out of position at times... 5yrs we have been trying to identify who we are as a team, and thus far we are still searching for ourselves in the mix of the NBA.

Rob Hannigan is the Architect of the above along with his entourage front office buds... how much more time should we allow them to continue?

It's simple, 2017 should be the season where we determine if we need an office face lift.

2017 Playoffs or Fire the Front Office.

JV sucked and Skiles quit. Just saying

JV sucked and Skiles quit. Just saying

JV was a hire to suck... and Scott didn't agree with Robs vision....

3 coaches in 5 yrs... no playoffs... no identity.

Just sayin.

JV was a hire to suck... and Scott didn't agree with Robs vision....

3 coaches in 5 yrs... no playoffs... no identity.

Just sayin.

no playoffs in 1 year. you don't get to claim no playoffs when the goal was no playoffs.

I do worry about Rob's hard on for Elf running off Skiles, but that will only matter if both Elf ends up useless and Bird is right about Vogel. Otherwise it won't be that big of a deal.

I do worry about Rob's hard on for Elf running off Skiles, but that will only matter if both Elf ends up useless and Bird is right about Vogel. Otherwise it won't be that big of a deal.

That's my big concern. I just don't feel Payton should be the guy anchoring your pg spot.

That's my big concern. I just don't feel Payton should be the guy anchoring your pg spot.

Rob does. He's building the entire team around Payton, really. Look at what we've done since Payton arrived. We've jettisoned every player who isn't an elite shooter at their position except Gordon (please don't tell me he's next). Moe Harkless was made useless because he couldn't play with Elf. Harris was given away for cap space because he couldn't make up for Elf's poor shooting. Dipo has now been traded for rim protection because he couldn't make up for Elf's poor shooting. Elf isn't just anchoring our PG spot, he's anchoring our whole team.

Rob does. He's building the entire team around Payton, really. Look at what we've done since Payton arrived. We've jettisoned every player who isn't an elite shooter at their position except Gordon (please don't tell me he's next). Moe Harkless was made useless because he couldn't play with Elf. Harris was given away for cap space because he couldn't make up for Elf's poor shooting. Dipo has now been traded for rim protection because he couldn't make up for Elf's poor shooting. Elf isn't just anchoring our PG spot, he's anchoring our whole team.

You don't need a PG to be a good shooter. You need him to be a floor general and a good passer. Both, I believe, Elf will develop sooner rather than later. Let him be a Mike Conley who impacts the game without needing to score 20ppg. Surround him with scoring and let him focus on running the offense (not being the offense) and defense.

And this thread is ridiculous and made in haste over an emotional decision from last night. Henny is not on that hot seat. Skiles gave up on the team, so Henny has to work with what we have in the aftermath. JV was always going to be the middle man till we made our move. Vogel is the right man for this position. Outside of trading away Harris for nothing, I have not been upset with any of Henny's moves in the time that he has been here. He has a plan and process in mind, I trust that and I trust the lineage that Henny comes from (OKC + SA)

Be patient. Breathe. It'll be fine.

You don't need a PG to be a good shooter. You need him to be a floor general and a good passer. Both, I believe, Elf will develop sooner rather than later. Let him be a Mike Conley who impacts the game without needing to score 20ppg. Surround him with scoring and let him focus on running the offense (not being the offense) and defense.

Mike Conley is a good shooter. A PG in today's NBA cannot be good without being s good shooter