Sign in to follow this  
chosen12

Philly is exploring trade offers for Okafor or Noel

I thought about a poll question, but at this point (Philly is exploring) it should be discussion only. I agree with the ESPN talking heads, Stien and Chad Ford, that the twin towers attempt have failed, and Okafor made it clear that he was not sold on playing in Philly!!

Philly will look for a trading partner soon, should we explore either of these guys, most of all, would either of them help us take the next step....and at what cost?

Here is the ESPN article link: http://espn.go.com/n...or-nerlens-noel

I thought about a poll question, but at this point (Philly is exploring) it should be discussion only. I agree with the ESPN talking heads, Stien and Chad Ford, that the twin towers attempt have failed, and Okafor made it clear that he was not sold on playing in Philly!!

Philly will look for a trading partner soon, should we explore either of these guys, most of all, would either of them help us take the next step....and at what cost?

Here is the ESPN article link: http://espn.go.com/n...or-nerlens-noel

It's a no from me.

Okafor is at this stage, a Vucevic with a few years minused. Still has problems on the other end, and that's why we have problems there.

Noel, a guy who can't do it at both ends.

It's a no from me.

Okafor is at this stage, a Vucevic with a few years minused. Still has problems on the other end, and that's why we have problems there.

Noel, a guy who can't do it at both ends.

Ok but will you consider a swap of Noel for Elfrid?

I have little interest in Okafor for us. Doesn't rebound and can't play defense or run, not a good fit. I would however not be against bringing Noel in, but for what Philly is going to want for him it would most likely be a no for me. I think Noel could fit in with Vogel's style of wanting to push the tempo and play D. I know Noel isn't a great individual defender but he can block shots and run.

I would give up our first this year for Noel. I would trade Payton for Noel(wouldn't do both), but there isn't really anyone else on our team I would give up for Noel. Also if you trade Payton (which i'm all for in most every scenario) you pretty much have to sign a free agent PG and it's a thin class at best.

I have little interest in Okafor for us. Doesn't rebound and can't play defense or run, not a good fit. I would however not be against bringing Noel in, but for what Philly is going to want for him it would most likely be a no for me. I think Noel could fit in with Vogel's style of wanting to push the tempo and play D. I know Noel isn't a great individual defender but he can block shots and run.

I would give up our first this year for Noel. I would trade Payton for Noel(wouldn't do both), but there isn't really anyone else on our team I would give up for Noel. Also if you trade Payton (which i'm all for in most every scenario) you pretty much have to sign a free agent PG and it's a thin class at best.

Yup. I'd trade Payton for Noel if we had Conley lined up. I'd even go Payton and 11 for Noel if we had Conley. But I wouldn't just trade Payton for Noel.

I'd rather just sign mahinmi

Yup. I'd trade Payton for Noel if we had Conley lined up. I'd even go Payton and 11 for Noel if we had Conley. But I wouldn't just trade Payton for Noel.

I'd rather just sign mahinmi

I could agree with this approach, it appears that Okafor's crappy attitude about being in Philly and lack of D makes me pass on him as well! I think we have enough 1 trick ponies here time to get the vets.....Horford/Mahimmi/Noah for a tough hard nose bench player with conley or Teague on deck! Trade #11 for Noel, because after Phillies #1 the go 26th & 27th!

Another reason we don't really want Noel. Expiring contract. We'll have to resign him and Oladipo

Well, I can understand the problem, but this kid Noel is the closest thing to Deandre Jordan that I have seen yet....only younger! I think that would be a good problem to have, especially if we have a better P&R big for Elf and real rim protection for now and the future! Noel hustles, and best of all...... he is respected in the paint!!!! I like this kid on this team.

I'd take Okafor. We'd probably have to give up a lot. They'd probably want Hezonja plus something else but I'd do it.

You like Okafor because he would be cheaper?

Nothing wrong with that position, I just think if we stay with quality, we shoot for Noel, he plays better D, his offense and body has improved and this kid runs the floor! Realistically, this kid reminds of Deandre Jordan only Noel can shoot better from the line!

Listen, this kid runs the floor, he is respected in the paint and he has a mean streak that I just love to have on our side for once! I would trade either Drew or Evan, because we have Mario and I may even through in the 11th pic!

Just imagine and really good P&R big with Elf.... or what these guys can do in the open court and fast breaks?????

This kid takes us up a notch, which means playoffs!!!