masazasm2

Welcome Coach Vogel

A few more free agents that come to mind: West, Mahinmi, M. Williams, Batum and Noah.

EDIT: And in terms of assistant coaches, whoever developed George needs to come and develop Dipo and Gordon.

He went to LA. Brian Shaw.

He went to LA. Brian Shaw.

do we really give that to shaw? He was only there for two seasons.

EDIT: I guess "George credits Shaw for breakout season" stories is enough evidence.

Perhaps Kobe wants to be an advisor for our young pups. I'm sure that would sit well with Shaq and keep Dwight far away

Perhaps Kobe wants to be an advisor for our young pups. I'm sure that would sit well with Shaq and keep Dwight far away

Kobe was a great player, but I don't think he should advise anyone on anything. Ever. Even his work ethic always seemed to come from that same dark place that made him an a**hole to everyone.

The ideal scenario for us this summer is our "we plan to match any offer" rhetoric has teams hesitant to offer Fournier, the major free agents take a while to make their decisions, and the long wait has Fournier resign with us for an offer in the harris ballpark.

The ideal scenario for us this summer is our "we plan to match any offer" rhetoric has teams hesitant to offer Fournier, the major free agents take a while to make their decisions, and the long wait has Fournier resign with us for an offer in the harris ballpark.

I agree, it needs to be a figure that is tradeable, and gives us a way to cash him in on an asset, depending on who we can allow to come during FA. If we pull a Batum, Deng, Barnes out of the box, his contract needs to be tradeable.

I agree, it needs to be a figure that is tradeable, and gives us a way to cash him in on an asset, depending on who we can allow to come during FA. If we pull a Batum, Deng, Barnes out of the box, his contract needs to be tradeable.

If we pull one of those guys I dont think we resign him. Too many bodies and not enough playing time.

From RealGM post:

Vogel on an Indy radio show: https://soundcloud.com/dandakich/052416-frank-vogel-new-head-coach-of-the-orlando-magic-talks-nba-playoffs-and-his-new-gig

Said he would have taken a year off if he didn't like any of the jobs available.

Hennigan told him he can have as much or little input as he wants on the draft... due to the transition from Indy to Orlando he will focus more on building his staff this time around.

Said he'd be shocked if we didn't have success luring a big free agent this summer.

In recent summers he's been studying the league's shift to space and pace and small ball... this summer he will do a lot of studying of this season's magic team to identify strengths/weaknesses.

From RealGM post:

You mean he isnt just going to force players to play his system then bi&@ and moan and threaten to quit because it doesn't work ? He's going to play to their....Strengths?!

What a innovating idear!

Reading the presser, I believe our target is Horford. He's a high character, high chemistry vet who is quietly strong. I'd also keep an eye on Deng.

Horford, Deng, and Noah.. Noah is telling teammates he is done with the Bulls. It was rumored he and Horford wanted to reunite in Orlando a while back..

Cant wait to see the rest of this offseason unfold!

• Upvote 1

Horford, Deng, and Noah.. Noah is telling teammates he is done with the Bulls. It was rumored he and Horford wanted to reunite in Orlando a while back..

Cant wait to see the rest of this offseason unfold!

Don't see any benefit to signing Noah. He's washed up.