Sign in to follow this  
Air Gordon

2016 Playoffs Thread

also this highlights the reason Golden state is in the conversation for best team ever. The shooting is nice but what's really nice is their roster construction. They have very specific defined roles for each player outside of curry, klay, and draymond. They have a variety of interesting pieces with different skillsets that they can draw from when they need them. Bogut, Ezili, and Speights are all flawed players that do a limited amount of things well and compliment eachother. Need more scoring, bring in Speights. Need more defense? bring in Ezili. Need a guy to play smart and just be a positive piece in the lineup? bring in Bogut. Barnes is a young above average defender with athleticism and shooting. Iguodala is a veteran player who has played in almost every situation. He's been the complimentary piece playing with Iverson and webber. He's been the franchise player. He's been on the Olympic team. He's a guy with elite defense and court vision for a wing and somehow always seems to make the shots he needs to make.

Its like that down the line. they have a good blend of young guys and old guys. three point shooters, midrange shooters, and post scorers. everyone can pass. almost everyone defends well. And they've all been here before. last years team loses this game.

Their role-players are like our starters.

I am depressed now...

Their role-players are like our starters.

I am depressed now...

andre iguodala first year as "the guy", 35 win team

Bogut was on bad teams his first few years

Barbosa 29 wins his first year

Speights 27 wins his second year.

Curry- 26, 36 wins his first two years

Gotta start from the bottom.

andre iguodala first year as "the guy", 35 win team

Bogut was on bad teams his first few years

Barbosa 29 wins his first year

Speights 27 wins his second year.

Curry- 26, 36 wins his first two years

Gotta start from the bottom.

Just being a little melodramatic. I actually really like our team, as flawed as it may be. And there is something to be enjoyed watching the young players grow.

I'm sorry guys. I speak in movie/show symbolism now. I'm not as straight forward as I use to be.

This is a long break in between games....too long.

I'm sorry guys. I speak in movie/show symbolism now. I'm not as straight forward as I use to be.

This is a long break in between games....too long.

I was thinking the same thing. Having 2 full days off between games 1 & 2 is just stupid. I get taking 2 full days off to travel for game 3, but there should only be 1 day off between game 2 & 4. It just feels like the series losses momentum as a whole.

I was thinking the same thing. Having 2 full days off between games 1 & 2 is just stupid. I get taking 2 full days off to travel for game 3, but there should only be 1 day off between game 2 & 4. It just feels like the series losses momentum as a whole.

It's just for TV ratings

Yup. They picked their favorite days.

Wonder if game of thrones will impact their numbers tomorrow

It'll probably impact them a bit, but people who watch both will probably choose watching the game. Game of Thrones will be on HBO Go/Now on Monday. I guess you have to consider which one you'd rather have ruined for you. I'd rather watch the game live (I don't watch Game of Thrones, but if it was a show I do watch I'd still pick a live game 2 over it).

It'll probably impact them a bit, but people who watch both will probably choose watching the game. Game of Thrones will be on HBO Go/Now on Monday. I guess you have to consider which one you'd rather have ruined for you. I'd rather watch the game live (I don't watch Game of Thrones, but if it was a show I do watch I'd still pick a live game 2 over it).

I'm watching game of thrones. Missing the first 20 minutes of game time is worth preventing angry fiance.

I'm watching game of thrones. Missing the first 20 minutes of game time is worth preventing angry fiance.

Tonight's game is at 8, meaning halftime should start right when game of thrones does. So, my plan is watch the first half, have the game recording, watch game of thrones, and just convince myself halftime was extra long.

Payton, you certainly don't want to (anger, insult, poke fun at) 2 women within the span of 2 days do you? one being your fiance and the other is a participating member of this message board.

:svgsad:

Payton, you certainly don't want to (anger, insult, poke fun at) 2 women within the span of 2 days do you? one being your fiance and the other is a participating member of this message board.

:svgsad:/>

How is that insulting and who else did I insult on here?