Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Fox Sports Florida will air a special episode of Inside the Magic this Monday, August 15th, highlighting the Orlando Magic's offseason acquisitions. Fox Sports Florida bills the special, entitled "Inside the Magic: Midsummer Special," a "must-watch for Magic fans." It will feature a sit-down interview between Magic play-by-play man David Steele and new coach Frank Vogel, as well as interviews with newcomers D.J. Augustin, Bismack Biyombo, Jeff Green, and Serge Ibaka.

Veteran Orlando sideline reporter Dante Marchitelli will host the program, which makes its debut at 10:30 PM Eastern on August 15th.

You can set your DVRs now, but if you miss the debut of this special presentation, don't fret: Fox Sports Florida will re-air it several times, including at 5 PM on Wednesday, August 17th and at 11:30 AM on Thursday, August 18th.

For more information on "Inside the Magic: Midsummer Special" and for channel listings, please visit FoxSportsFlorida.com.

Without question, very good read. Bottom line I think Serge was underutilized and left to create his own offense from outside the arc. He had no choice in the play calling, and in my estimation was a 6'10" decoy or 4th offensive option. This should be his breakout season.....is my hope!

So Vince Carter has won like 6 straight head to head twitter votes for the best Magic Players of all time and is sitting at #11 right now..

The organization should know better.. VC is one of the most popular basketball players of all time and was the only player to have an individual internet forum for a while. Don't be surprised if he finishes first lol

So Vince Carter has won like 6 straight head to head twitter votes for the best Magic Players of all time and is sitting at #11 right now..

The organization should know better.. VC is one of the most popular basketball players of all time and was the only player to have an individual internet forum for a while. Don't be surprised if he finishes first lol

I guarantee the people voting for him are the same turds who infested this forum when he played here swinging from his nut sack. Vince Carter being voted higher than Dennis Scott as a player for the Orlando Magic is a disgrace and a damn shame. Personally, I think Carter is one of my least favorite players to ever wear a Magic uniform. He did nothing but underachieve and choked hard in the 2010 ECF against the Celtics, costing us what could've been our best chance at a ring. He at best should've been ranked in the 20s.

The Magic took their biggest swing at getting off the treadmill of mediocrity this summer, moving on from former No. 2 overall pick Victor Oladipo in a move that netted them Serge Ibaka.

That deal didn't earn rave reviews for the Magic in the immediate aftermath, but it might actually end up making them a better team, even if they might be less talented after adding in a lottery pick in last June's draft as well.

The Magic's decision to trade for Ibaka was a risky one, to be sure. Oladipo still flashes star potential, and it wouldn't be a surprise at all if he ends up an All-Star someday. However, in the wake of the Dwight Howard era, the Magic were left with a talented, intriguing roster, filled with players whose talents didn't really cover up for their respective flaws.

It's not difficult to see how it might make the roster fit together a bit more, and Ibaka is a big part of that. His ability to shoot lights-out from the perimeter opens up driving lanes for Elfrid Payton and clears the floor for Nikola Vucevic's post-up game. Vucevic can also space the floor for Ibaka's dives to the rim. The combination of two competent shooters at the four and five makes it easier to fit Aaron Gordon in, too. And Ibaka is the perfect complement to Vucevic on the other end of the floor, providing the Magic with rim protection they have never had.

http://www.cbssports...c-team-outlook/

Lost any credibility with "lights-out from the perimeter" describing Ibaka. Serge Ibaka, in his best season, was not shooting "lights-out from the perimeter". At best, Ibaka's a guy who you can't leave wide open outside. Like Oladipo.

he shot 45% in the playoffs from 3.

Lost any credibility with "lights-out from the perimeter" describing Ibaka. Serge Ibaka, in his best season, was not shooting "lights-out from the perimeter". At best, Ibaka's a guy who you can't leave wide open outside. Like Oladipo.

Well, you'd expect that at the very least for an NBA shooting guard...not necessarily a PF/C type.

I guarantee the people voting for him are the same turds who infested this forum when he played here swinging from his nut sack. Vince Carter being voted higher than Dennis Scott as a player for the Orlando Magic is a disgrace and a damn shame. Personally, I think Carter is one of my least favorite players to ever wear a Magic uniform. He did nothing but underachieve and choked hard in the 2010 ECF against the Celtics, costing us what could've been our best chance at a ring. He at best should've been ranked in the 20s.

Lol the Magic organization decided to keep him out of the top 10, and scrapped the VC vs Horace Grant vote.

Now its Rashard vs Horace.

VC won 6 straight votes and Im sure he wouldve won a lot more haha

Lol the Magic organization decided to keep him out of the top 10, and scrapped the VC vs Horace Grant vote.

Now its Rashard vs Horace.

VC won 6 straight votes and Im sure he wouldve won a lot more haha

Lol I was hoping he'd keep going. It's unfair how they pick the head to heads. They essentially picked the top 25 but are letting the fans mix about one or two players by a place or two.

Realistically we all know guys like 3D had better magic careers