Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Right down the street from me... exciting

I always thought the Buccaneers should move to Lakeland.

cheap land and easier to draw from the eastern half of the state.

That actually makes a ton of sense

Yeah. It's why I'm against having any entertainment attraction near the coast unless we're talking about Miami, LA, NYC mega cities. You lose a lot of your "population within one hour driving" radius. That's why Orlando made more sense as a franchise destination than Tampa.

this is interesting

Basketball Reference ‏@bball_ref · 6m6 minutes ago

Most games with an ORtg over 110 in a season: 1. 91-92 #Bulls/09-10 #Suns (63), 3. 94-95 #Magic (62)

I wonder if we should even consider OKC a playoff team.

Westbrook, oladipo, _____, _____, Adams

Fill in the blanks:

singler

morrow

kanter

Ilyasova

Roberson

Collison

anyway you cut it you're running a rotation with four of the worst defenders in the NBA.

3 if you start Roberson at the SF. But that lineup has no shooting.

3 if you start Roberson at the SF. But that lineup has no shooting.

Roberson at 3 or even 4 is going to still have Kanter, Morrow, Singler, and Ilyasova in the rotation.

Unless Adams turns into a DPOY type guy they're going to have a hard time competing with other teams. They have 3 two way players on the entire roster.

oladipo is going to put up crazy numbers this year by default. don't think it will translate to more than 35ish wins. they went 27-28 without Durant in 2015.

Roberson at 3 or even 4 is going to still have Kanter, Morrow, Singler, and Ilyasova in the rotation.

Unless Adams turns into a DPOY type guy they're going to have a hard time competing with other teams. They have 3 two way players on the entire roster.

oladipo is going to put up crazy numbers this year by default. don't think it will translate to more than 35ish wins. they went 27-28 without Durant in 2015.

Oh Yea you're right my bad for some reason I thought you said starting lineup not rotation. To be honest I don't rate Westbrook as a defensive player either he gambles on basically everything and crashes the offensive glass constantly.

Oh Yea you're right my bad for some reason I thought you said starting lineup not rotation. To be honest I don't rate Westbrook as a defensive player either he gambles on basically everything and crashes the offensive glass constantly.

I think the one think you can give westbrook is if he makes a conscious effort to play defense he can do it. He's not a great defender but if a guy goes at him he'll start to take it personally.

holy crap I just realized we play 6 games in 9 days between December 6th and the 14th. what did we do to deserve that?

They really need to fix whatever algorithm they use to create the schedule. If they do not have an algorithm creating the schedule, they need to create one.

1. They should limit the amount of games per a length of time. Maybe no more than 6 games in 10 days. (with somewhere around 170 days in which to schedule the matches, you could even go 5/10)

2. Limit the traveling by making sure all trips are at least two games. One game road trips are stupid.

3. For similar reasons, all home-stands should be for at least two games.

4. Matches cannot be between two teams that met each other within their last 5 games. That keeps away the who "didn't I just watch that match?" feeling that sometimes occurs.

There guys, I fixed the scheduling. Someone call the NBA front office. :gold_cup: