Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Reaaaally easy start to the season. There's like 7 games against great teams in the 2016 part of the schedule

Are we really thinking Heat, Pistons and Pacers are great teams? I see Cavs, Thunder, Spurs, and Clippers. The likes of New Orleans, Bulls, Celtics, Hawks, are just teams we have to beat. Nothing to look up to, if we expect to be a good team ourselves.

We gotta be on top.

Are we really thinking Heat, Pistons and Pacers are great teams? I see Cavs, Thunder, Spurs, and Clippers. The likes of New Orleans, Bulls, Celtics, Hawks, are just teams we have to beat. Nothing to look up to, if we expect to be a good team ourselves.

We gotta be on top.

I had Cavs, spurs, clippers, Boston, Atlanta, Toronto

Dipo and Westbrook may tagteam us though. Toronto? With the big man we stole? :P/>

bismack-biyombo-finger-wag.jpg

:superman:/> :headbang:/>

Not worried as much about okc. Toronto is still an ecf team.

Nba is sleeping on us a little this year I think. We're a better team than the 4 national tv games were getting. I'm pretty certain we'll be more fun to watch than the Nets.

Couldn't care less about national TV games.

The problem is

we don't have an interesting rookie

we don't have a national fanbase

we aren't going to be an elite team

based on our roster, we're probably going to play a really ugly version of basketball unless we can effectively play Fournier-hezonja lineups often

so yeah, no surprise about the national tv games.

After looking at the schedule I'm not thrilled with it... wish we had an easier opening week and play some even teams that are like us. Instead we get a chance to be roasted for our first few games. Then we get a break down the road and a few breaks after AS week... but lord help us if we need to finish the last few weeks strong, it will be tough.

All in all, I say we win 32 to 37 games and miss the playoff boat by 7 games.

looking a little more in depth with the schedule. it's very possible we start off something like 22/14 or 24/12 but then finish the season going 17/29.

We play definite playoff teams (ATL BOS CLE DET GS HOU LAC OKC POR SA TOR) 13 times in the first 45 games and in that group we only play the elite teams (GS CLE SA ) twice. we play definite playoff teams 17 times in the following 37 games and we play the elite teams five times.

I wonder if we should even consider OKC a playoff team.

Westbrook, oladipo, _____, _____, Adams

Fill in the blanks:

singler

morrow

kanter

Ilyasova

Roberson

Collison

anyway you cut it you're running a rotation with four of the worst defenders in the NBA.