Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

@ChadEvansSports

Some higher ups in the organization are open to a Dwight Howard reunion, but unless they overrule Hennigan, it will NOT happen.

Rob Hennigan was even quoted saying to season ticket holders "no chance" Dwight Howard wears a Magic uniform as long as he's here.

@ChadEvansSports

Some higher ups in the organization are open to a Dwight Howard reunion, but unless they overrule Hennigan, it will NOT happen.

Rob Hennigan was even quoted saying to season ticket holders "no chance" Dwight Howard wears a Magic uniform as long as he's here.

Back in the day, Rich DeVoss loved Dwight Howard almost like a son. I do believe that there is no way we pay Dwight anywhere near max money, but if he were to contact Mr. DeVoss and admit that leaving Orlando was the biggest mistake in his life, be willing to concede less than what he could possibly get elsewhere, Hennigan might find out that he's not calling all the shots. I'm not convinced that Hennigan has done enough to improve this team to make him think he has that much leverage.

there's a pretty reasonable chance that our starting roster next season is something like Payton-butler-batum-Gordon-Horford.

Will we trade Dipo and Vuc and re sign Fournier? I hear Batum and Fournier are buddies.

Back in the day, Rich DeVoss loved Dwight Howard almost like a son. I do believe that there is no way we pay Dwight anywhere near max money, but if he were to contact Mr. DeVoss and admit that leaving Orlando was the biggest mistake in his life, be willing to concede less than what he could possibly get elsewhere, Hennigan might find out that he's not calling all the shots. I'm not convinced that Hennigan has done enough to improve this team to make him think he has that much leverage.

What are you talking about? Every GM reports to the CEO/president/whatever title the guy has who reports to the ownership group. That's the hierarchy.

Hennigan isn't calling any shots. Every move he makes is approved by Martins. Every move over a specific threshold needs to be approved by Devos. If devos said trade everyone and give joakim Noah a max contract Hennigan can't say no. He does it or resigns. If Martins says hire Scott Skiles, Hennigan doesn't have a choice.

Will we trade Dipo and Vuc and re sign Fournier? I hear Batum and Fournier are buddies.

I have no idea. We could. Might not make sense though.

What are you talking about? Every GM reports to the CEO/president/whatever title the guy has who reports to the ownership group. That's the hierarchy.

Hennigan isn't calling any shots. Every move he makes is approved by Martins. Every move over a specific threshold needs to be approved by Devos. If devos said trade everyone and give joakim Noah a max contract Hennigan can't say no. He does it or resigns. If Martins says hire Scott Skiles, Hennigan doesn't have a choice.

That is exactly what I was saying. I was referencing the post that Hennigan said Dwight Howard would not be on the team as long as he was here. What are you talking about?

That is exactly what I was saying. I was referencing the post that Hennigan said Dwight Howard would not be on the team as long as he was here. What are you talking about?

Hennigan is well aware of the hierarchy. That's all I'm saying.

Then what he said was total bull****?

In my opinion, Hennigan doesn't say what he said about there being no chance Dwight comes here while he's here unless there's some sort of agreement among the entirety of the front office. Anything else is just career suicide, and Rob's not an idiot.

Then what he said was total bull****?

No. He said Dwight Howard won't be here as long as I'm here.

Hennigan thinks Dwight Howard doesn't fit the plan.

Martins forcing Hennigan to sign Dwight against Hennigan's professional advice is the beginning of a breakdown that would probably cause Hennigan to resign.

Martins forcing Hennigan to sign Dwight against Hennigan's professional advice is the beginning of a breakdown that would probably cause Hennigan to resign.

If the rumor that Skiles wasn't Hennigan's guy is true as well, I imagine him getting overruled again by the ownership's "family" approach would definitely cause him to leave.