Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Yeah, weird pick there. Ed Davis is definitely a quality player, but he shouldn't be that far up there and the reasoning for puting him there seems weak.

I think what the stats are really showing is that Ed Davis is a quality starter/role-player who plays and fits his role very well. He can't really expand out of his role- he isn't a guy with any real offensive repertoire, and, while a solid interior defender, is not versatile on that end either.

Basically a good guy to have on a team with good players, but he isn't a guy you can build around.

Yeah, if a guy is a fantastic 8th man can you argue he's better than an average 5th man?

Yeah, if a guy is a fantastic 8th man can you argue he's better than an average 5th man?

Probably depends upon the team. I think a good way to think about it would be "if the league was perfectly spread out where each team had one top 30 player, one player between 31-60, and one player 61-90, would he be the third best player on the team? I think at best that is a maybe, which means a top 100 ranking might be fair- but putting him at 61 means that he could potentially be a top two player on a team in this scenario.

Evan Fournier unhappy with his 2k17 avatar.

http://clutchpoints.com/evan-fournier-not-happy-with-his-nba-2k17-appearance/

The biggest travesty, though... he's rated 78 while D'Angelo Russell is a 79 and Karl Anthony Towns an 88

I wonder if they count potential in to the overall ratings. Towns is great, but there's no way in hell he's an 88 overall yet. Russell at 79 is completely on projection alone.

Wonder if we're interested in Larry Sanders.

If he is serious about coming back, I think we should at least consider it, even if we already have a bunch of big man defenders.

Though for that very reason, I feel doubtful about any interest. Would be more likely if we didn't get either Ibaka or Biyombo.

LOL to all of you that think T'Mac better than Penny and that the Magic will not be in the lottery again this year.

Maybe you're just getting old and remembering penny as better than he actually was because McGrady was objectively better