Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Lol I was hoping he'd keep going. It's unfair how they pick the head to heads. They essentially picked the top 25 but are letting the fans mix about one or two players by a place or two.

Realistically we all know guys like 3D had better magic careers

I don't know. Is it better to be the fifth best player on a team for several seasons or the second best player on a team for two seasons?

If yes, it opens the door to argue jameer or Nick Anderson above McGrady

If no, Vince Carter should be above Scott

I don't know. Is it better to be the fifth best player on a team for several seasons or the second best player on a team for two seasons?

If yes, it opens the door to argue jameer or Nick Anderson above McGrady

If no, Vince Carter should be above Scott

To me, the knock against VC is the 2010 ECF. Since those playoffs were the only chance to prove himself, it leaves a bit larger a stain than others. He didn't have a chance for redeeming that performance.

The reality is Hezonja is not the brash player of YouTube lore. He is confident in himself — as evidenced by his scorching shooting in a woefully underused role with Croatia in the Olympics so far. But more than that, he is a good teammate. Hezonja quickly bonded with Victor Oladipo and Elfrid Payton and became one of the guys. He revels as much in a carefully timed pass as he does draining that big shot. When he got into transition, his athleticism was on full display as was his decision making and offensive acumen.

Hezonja is the first to say how far he still has to go as a player. He seemed receptive to Skiles’ coaching and instruction. He was never given the chance on many occasions to correct mistakes, often pulled at the first sign of trouble for someone Skiles trusted. That is the problem of playing under a coach like Skiles.

But don’t get it twisted: All those things everyone loves about Hezonja are still in there, hoping for the opportunity to burst out. It seems the last year has seen him chained to the deck as hard-charging coaches try to wring discipline and structure on a player who needs the freedom to work.

Hezonja can regain his reputation under Frank Vogel. The Magic will rely on him more as their second unit needs some sort of catalyst now. He can have the rookie season everyone wanted for him. He can pull up from ridiculous range and play with swagger again. The boisterousness those around the Magic saw behind the scenes can show itself on the court with a coach who can be a little more forgiving.

http://hardwoodparox...-mario-hezonja/

I have been thinking about this, and have come to the conclusion that, once every few games, Vogel should turn the game over to Hezonja for a couple of minutes. Give him some time where he can be audacious, where he can pull up from way deep, throw crazy passes, go to the hoop hard, and, most importantly, fail without being pulled.

To me, the knock against VC is the 2010 ECF. Since those playoffs were the only chance to prove himself, it leaves a bit larger a stain than others. He didn't have a chance for redeeming that performance.

maybe, but we gotta use that on Nick Anderson too then. Can't move the goalposts for different guys.

I have been thinking about this, and have come to the conclusion that, once every few games, Vogel should turn the game over to Hezonja for a couple of minutes. Give him some time where he can be audacious, where he can pull up from way deep, throw crazy passes, go to the hoop hard, and, most importantly, fail without being pulled.

definitely one game in the preseason I want Vogel to tell Mario "if you don't shoot 20 times this game you're not playing in the next one" just to see what happens.

I think the list is probably

1. Dwight

2. Shaq

3. Anderson

4. Penny

5. McGrady

6. Jameer

7. Hedo

8. Lewis

9. Armstrong

10. Scott

11. Carter

12. Grant

13. Skiles

14. Catledge

15. Francis

16. Vucevic

17. Oladipo

18. Outlaw

19. Harris

20. Hill

21. Miller

22. Ryan Anderson

23. Theus

24. Afflalo

25. Garrity

26. Redick

27. Fournier

28. Bowie

29. Seikley

30. Howard

31. Mercer

32. Davis

1. Dwight

2. Shaq

3. Anderson

4. Penny

5. McGrady

6. Jameer

7. Hedo

8. Lewis

9. Armstrong

10. Scott

11. Carter

12. Grant

13. Skiles

14. Catledge

15. Francis

16. Vucevic

17. Oladipo

18. Outlaw

19. Harris

20. Hill

21. Miller

22. Ryan Anderson

23. Theus

24. Afflalo

25. Garrity

26. Redick

27. Fournier

28. Bowie

29. Seikley

30. Howard

31. Mercer

32. Davis

Dwight over Shaq? No way!

maybe, but we gotta use that on Nick Anderson too then. Can't move the goalposts for different guys.

Anderson played more in a Magic uni and had the steal against Jordan. I think that plays a role.

Anderson played more in a Magic uni and had the steal against Jordan. I think that plays a role.

He's also a verb nba fans use every time someone missed two free throws in late game scenarios

1. Dwight

2. Shaq

3. Anderson

4. Penny

5. McGrady

6. Jameer

7. Hedo

8. Lewis

9. Armstrong

10. Scott

11. Carter