Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Random reflection and admission:

Given how many teams are now flush with cash, the only way the Magic are going to be true contenders is if one of our young guns develops into a star. In other words, the dream of attracting a star through free agency at any point in the next couple of years is more than ever just that, a dream. We need Aaron, Mario, Evan, Nic or Elfrid to blow off the roof. Go Magic!

Given how many teams are now flush with cash, the only way the Magic are going to be true contenders is if one of our young guns develops into a star. In other words, the dream of attracting a star through free agency at any point in the next couple of years is more than ever just that, a dream. We need Aaron, Mario, Evan, Nic or Elfrid to blow off the roof. Go Magic!

http://youtu.be/GxiiFqVm07Y

Prefer Vuc works on his defense.

I'm sure that'll be an focus once training camp starts.

Kinda difficult to work on defense defending air. Kinda need a team and players to defend.

Teams aren't flush with cash anymore.

All hail the conquering hero! His master plan of sucking so bad the coach quit went without a hitch.

In all honesty, I doubt we can credit Payton for ousting Skiles. Hennigan, sure. But Payton gets no credit for playing like he didn't give a **** and pouting when asked to give a ****.

SKILES is known for his poor motivating skills. He's burned out every team he has coached, this time much quicker. Payton had difficulty thriving in his system. Time to move forward. Let's hope Payton thrives under Vogel.

Teams aren't flush with cash anymore.

Let me put it this way... The chance of Paul George reworking and extending his contract like Westbrook and Haden have done seems monumentally higher than him signing with us in a couple of years. I believe star free agents changing teams in this new climate will be crazy rare compared to the past.

Let me put it this way... The chance of Paul George reworking and extending his contract like Westbrook and Haden have done seems monumentally higher than him signing with us in a couple of years. I believe star free agents changing teams in this new climate will be crazy rare compared to the past.

eh, I think you're looking at two situations and applying it to the whole in error. star players will leave at the same rate. George has only been in Indiana for 6 years, harden 4 years in Houston. they aren't bored yet.

Stars will still leave, just not those specific guys.

Trades are always going to be a thing too.

Hezonja has the ceiling to reach an All-Star Game or two in his career. I am not saying that Mario Hezonja is the next Kevin Durant, I am not saying that at all. But his talent level and fit with Orlando's young core could allow him to earn an All-Star bid at some point.

What is the number one ability that gets players into the All-Star Game? It's scoring.

And Hezonja has amazing offensive potential. As a 6-8 wing, he has elite level size for his position and can use that to physically abuse any wing who tries to stop him from getting to the basket. Couple that possibility with the fact that he plays the game in a very smooth manner and has a pretty shooting stroke.

The youngsters of the Orlando core consists of Elfrid Payton, Aaron Gordon, and Evan Fournier. The only other perimeter shooter is Fournier and those two could form a lethal wing scoring punch one day. With Payton and Gordon being elite defenders, the Hezonja/Fournier combo could really stand out offensively. They can both really shoot it and Fournier's passing ability really compliments the developing inside game of Hezonja.

It is reasonable to expect Hezonja to average 10-13 points per game off the Orlando bench this season as the lead offensive option on the perimeter for that unit. But do not be surprised at all if Hezonja averages 17-20 points per game in a season or two and earns himself an All-Star bid.

After all, he was a top-5 pick for a reason.

http://www.hashtagba...r-for-the-magic

eh, I think you're looking at two situations and applying it to the whole in error. star players will leave at the same rate. George has only been in Indiana for 6 years, harden 4 years in Houston. they aren't bored yet.

Stars will still leave, just not those specific guys.

What I'm saying is because of the big bump in the cap this summer and next, the likelihood of a star leaving this summer or next was/is very small. Ironically, that's why I believe Henny traded for Ibaka, though I'm going to wait to put him in the star category. Thus, I believe our greatest hope for greatness depends on Vogel and his ability to develop some of these young guys into studs.

Edit: I suppose another trade is still possible, but I'm not holding my breath. And if somehow dreams did come true and we signed a stud next summer, I'd want Hayward or Griffin