Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Dominique Wilkins

I remember they compared Tmac to him a few times.

Tmac was a helluva defender. Almost two blocks and two steals a game. I think AG's handles and passing is more modernized than Nique's.

i've already shown with facts this is not the case. He shoots better from the field, the stripe, has an offensive game, can stay on the floor in late game situations. The only thing you can absolutely hang your hat on w/ biyombo are the blocks, and i argue that's not enough to compensate. are we looking at the same stats??

Last season Mozgov scored over 11 points 5 times with only 1 game over 14 (17). Great offensive weapon.

And you can absolutely hang your hat on rebounds, work ethic, athleticism to run the court with our athletic line-ups.

Mozgov's contract was probably the worst contract of the off-season.

EDIT: Even looking back to his best seasons, Mozgov still wasn't great. In 2013-14 he played 22 MPG and averaged 9.4 PPG on 52% from the field. 6 Rebs and 1 Blk. In 2014-15 he played 25 MPG and averaged 9.7 PPG on 55% from the field. 7 Rebs and 1 Blk.

Biyombo averaged about 75% as many minutes as Whiteside and that constitutes a relevant sample size. Sorry but arguing that the Mozgov deal is anywhere near as desirable is just plain ignorant.

There is NOTHING even close to elite in Mozgov's game that is worthwhile in this modern NBA.

I never said mozgov = elite at anything.

ironically enough everyone else seems to think biyombo is elite defensively...

Last season Mozgov scored over 11 points 5 times with only 1 game over 14 (17). Great offensive weapon.

And you can absolutely hang your hat on rebounds, work ethic, athleticism to run the court with our athletic line-ups.

Mozgov's contract was probably the worst contract of the off-season.

EDIT: Even looking back to his best seasons, Mozgov still wasn't great. In 2013-14 he played 22 MPG and averaged 9.4 PPG on 52% from the field. 6 Rebs and 1 Blk. In 2014-15 he played 25 MPG and averaged 9.7 PPG on 55% from the field. 7 Rebs and 1 Blk.

I'm sure biyombo's stats look much worse. but hey he's a future DPOY candidate apparently so his aren't as important

I never said mozgov = elite at anything.

ironically enough everyone else seems to think biyombo is elite defensively...

listen men....You are trolling. Mozgov is a decent back up center who is just that. He is 30 years old and I dont see him getting any better. His Salary is very similar as Biyombo. Now, Biyombo is and has proven to be a better defensive player who plays tough and is only 23 years of age. He will be coached by one of the best big guy coaches in the league. I am sure and positive that he is going to get better offensively. There is room to improve.

Now, if the salary is what is bothering you..deal with it.

He is getting paid accordingly.

He is getting 17 millions per year just like Noah, Ian Mahinmi and Mozgov. Heck, Miles Plumlee is getting 50 millions for 4 years. Miles freacking Plumlee!!. Howard is getting 23 per year, Leonard meyer is getting 11 per year. I can go on but I dont have the time.

You need to let it go. Biyombo will thrive under Vogel. Our defense will be getter and his offense will improve. You can't continues comparing a guy that has played in this league for several years to a very athletic 23 year old who is about to enter his prime.

LOVE BATTUTA HATE

Yup. We are going to be huge with AG focussing his energies at the 3 ya'll.

http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/2016/7/29/12319088/Aaron-Gordon-future-here-Orlando-Magic

Damn, that last sentence...

Good article. I can't wait to see what AG brings this season. I'm actually agreement with this new role. Before GHill developed an shot he was kinda the same. Athletic slasher who rebounded the ball. Nique was too. GHill was a better distributor though.

Man, wish the season started now.

I hope they do an write up sbout Payton. It's been quiet.

Damn, that last sentence...

Good article. I can't wait to see what AG brings this season. I'm actually agreement with this new role. Before GHill developed an shot he was kinda the same. Athletic slasher who rebounded the ball. Nique was too. GHill was a better distributor though.

Man, wish the season started now.

I hope they do an write up sbout Payton. It's been quiet.

AG is our secret sauce. Vogel will turn him into a superstar.